BuddyDev

Search

BP Rate Limit Private Message issues

• Participant
    Level: Yogi
    calu on #22134

Hi Brajesh, I noticed the private message button appears on the sing,e profile page, even if the hide private message button is activated? So the button is visible but the link returns a 404 error.

Furthermore it seems that the limiter is not working, like it’s not allowing messaging again, after the duration of time has expired?

I have the user role code you supplied installed, it could be it.

The code is not working, I think you promised to look into it, any chance you test this code again, as it is an important feature to me?

Regards
    Carsten

• Keymaster
    (BuddyDev Team)
    Brajesh Singh on #22135

Hi Carsten,
    I am sorry for the issue.

Please link me to the topic. I remember we got this role issue resolved(I might be incorrect). If we did not, Please link me(also link to the thread with code or share the code here).

A few more questions:-
    – Are you using BP Nouveau?
    – Are you using custom theme? If yes, which on?
    – Which version of BP/WP are you using?
    – Are you using any content restriction/privacy plugin?
    – Any plugin related to messages active?
    – Anything special about the installation?

Thank you
    Brajesh

• Participant
    calu on #22136
    This reply has been marked as private.
  • Keymaster
    (BuddyDev Team)
    Brajesh Singh on #22139
  • Participant
    calu on #22141
  • Participant
    calu on #22157
  • Participant
    calu on #22179
  • Participant
    calu on #22193

Hi there, I have made a more thorough test with BP Rate Limit Private Message with the custom code, and issues related to Tabs Creator Pro, here is the result:

Tabs Pro deactivated

Private message button visible (X Yes, Hide Private Message Button when limit is reached. crossed)
    Private message button links to new message

Tabs Pro activated:

Private message button visible (X Yes, Hide Private Message Button when limit is reached. crossed)
    Private message button returns 404

Customization code:

Without code, messages and duration in BP settings is working

With code installed other values than 0 does not apply and restrict messages:
    ’limit’ => 0,

As no other values than 0 works as limit, it is not possible to test the duration setting in the code.

Regards
    Carsten

• Keymaster
    (BuddyDev Team)
    Brajesh Singh on #22202

Hi Carsten,

Thank you for the details.

1. The custom code and the other settings don’t play together as you have a setting for each role.

What you are seeing is the settings from custom code is taking over the settings you are entering in the dashboard. This is expected result.

You are getting the impression that 0 is working but it is not the case. It is working due to this snip[pet

$allowed = array(
    		'duration' => 0,
    		'limit'    => - 1,
    	);

The default values from the custom code.

2. Is there a chance you have set visibility/availability condition on message or it’s sub menu using profile tabs pro? That seems the only logical reason for 404.

Please let me know and I will assist.

PS:- Please update the default array with role in ‘buddydev_custom_get_role_based_message_limit()’ to apply your settings.

Regards
    Brajesh

• Participant
    calu on #22214

Hi Brajesh, thanks for your response.

1. ‘What you are seeing is the settings from custom code is taking over the settings you are entering in the dashboard. This is expected result.’
    Yes, that is expected as I also

‘You are getting the impression that 0 is working but it is not the case. It is working due to this snip[pet’

Sorry I don’t understand this explanation. The case is that 0 does not work, when set in the customized code?

2. About the 404 error, yes I have created sub navs to hide ‘starred’ and ‘compose’ with visibility set for admin only. If this is causing the issue, how should I then hide the two unwanted subnavs?

3. Any explanation why the private message button is visible at all times despite the settings in the dashboard?

You have all the credentials, you are welcome to enter the site and the dashboard.

Regards
    Carsten

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

This topic is: not resolved