BuddyDev

Search

Bpress x profile field to choose from user (set role) to display at your profile

Tagged: ,

• Participant
    Level: Enlightened
    Kir on #51375

Hi there, I’ve been searching around for this but perhaps I can’t find the correct words to search with….

I’m looking to make it possible, when you are in buddypress edit profile screen, to allow a user to select from other users of a certain role, and then they will display at their profile page with an avatar and link.

So if my users were half ‘shops’ role for example, and the other half ‘products’ role, I would like the shops role to be able to type into a multi-select box that pulls up from role type products in the user database, and then those will display on their profile page under a heading “Check out these products we sell”. Also then if you were role type ‘product’, you can have the same, where you can select from the role type ‘shop’ in a field that displays ‘Check out these shops where you buy our stuff’ at your profile.

It’s kind of similar to a ‘relationships’ plugin, or maybe shares qualities with Circles? But a bit more basic I guess. Do you know of any way I could get do this?

I use your updated xprofile custom types plugin
    Kind regards

• Keymaster
    (BuddyDev Team)
    Brajesh Singh on #51389

Hi Kir,
    Thank you for your question.

What you are looking for is user association via profile field. At the moment, I don’t see any existing solution for it. You will probably need to implement a custom field type for the same.

Regards
    Brajesh

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

This topic is: not resolved