BuddyDev

Search

[Resolved] Branded login requests

• Participant
    Level: Guru
    Tosin on #26529

Hello,

Please can you add support for this features

(1.) Is it possible to make the workflow for lost password to be the user changing his password after clicking the password reset link in the mail instead of auto generated passwords.

I don’t want auto generated passwords sent to the user, but the user actually setting his own password on the login page just like how the default wp-login.php password reset workflow works.

The problem is when a user resets his password and receives a new generated password in his mail, the user will still need to login again to buddypress and change the password again in his settings to something he can remember unlike the complex generated password.

Now changing of password has now become a two stage process instead of a single stage which should occur immediately after clicking the password reset link in the mail.

(2.) ettings option to auto login user after successful password change

(3.) Settings option to change all login error messages

Thanks

• Participant
    Tosin on #26530

One more request

4. A Pop up display with forgot password button – suggesting to users to recover their password after several failed login attempts maybe after 4 failed login attempts.

5. Support for ajax login

Thanks

• Keymaster
    (BuddyDev Team)
    Brajesh Singh on #26536

Hi Tosin,
    Thank you for the suggestions. I am not sure if we will be able to continue future addition to branded login as we plan to replace it with something else.

I can still assure you to that we will add the functionality to create password for reset next month.

For others
    2. Not planning currently.
    3. Most of them come from WordPress core and translation is the recommended way.
    4. BuddyPress Ajx registration does it.
    5. BuddyPress Ajax registration plugin does it.

Regards
    Brajesh

• Participant
    Tosin on #26541

1. is the new replace similar to branded login plugin
    2. are you planning to discontinue the branded login plugin if not what will be the difference between the current branded login and the new expected plugin
    3. when will the new plugin be available

Thank

• Keymaster
    (BuddyDev Team)
    Brajesh Singh on #26543

Hi Tosin,
    1. Yes
    2. I am not sure about this. we will either do a complete rewrite. I will need to check the stats to see if we should continue or not.
    3. Mid January or earlier.

Regards
    Brajesh

• Participant
    Tosin on #37977

Hello brajesh,

Please what is the status on this request. this is an example of how I want the workflow to be https://wordpress.org/plugins/frontend-reset-password/

• Keymaster
    (BuddyDev Team)
    Brajesh Singh on #38127

Hi Tosin,

Thank you for checking back. I am sorry but this plugin is currently on or deprecation list and that’s why not receiving any update.

I will ask one of my team members to update the workflow as you have shown via the other plugin for the time being this plugin is maintained. It may need 2-4 weeks though.

I will post after we release the update.

Thank you
    Brajesh

• Participant
    Tosin on #38512

constant reminder

• Keymaster
    (BuddyDev Team)
    Brajesh Singh on #38513

Hi Tosin,
    This plugin is being deprecated and removed from individual sales as well as essential package. We do not plan any future updates to it. It will still remain available for members with only support for our theme.

@ravisharma
    , Can you please see if you can add the support for forgetpssword feature here?

Thank you
    Brajesh

• Participant
    Tosin on #38518

I fully understand that the plugin is being deprecated as you stated before that you are planning to replace it with something else. The current user experience is too long as my users want to change password only once instead of twice. At first they change use the auto generated password, then they later login to change their password to something they can easily remember.

Thanks for understanding

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

This topic is: resolved