BuddyDev

Search

[Resolved] BuddyPress hosting in India

• Participant
    Level: Enlightened
    lavish on #3713

Hi!

I have a small BuddyPress site (2000+ members) which uses limited BP features. My website is 2 year old and is hosted on a Godaddy shared hosting account.

As I said, my site uses limited BP features, it should have been less resource demanding and hence works fine on a shared hosting.

I want to move my site to an hosting account that hosts locally in India. I believe HostGator and BlueHost provide local servers, do you recommend either of the two? Or can you kindly suggest me any other web host in India?

I can only afford a shared hosting.

Thank you for the help 🙂

• This topic was modified 7 years, 11 months ago by Brajesh Singh.
  • Keymaster
    (BuddyDev Team)
    Brajesh Singh on #3715

Hi Lavish,
    Welcome to BuddyDev.
    Since you are looking for local service provider, I will suggest BigRock. You can use their Indian server and their customer service is great.

For me, It seems they are value for money in Indian context.

PS: Go with any hosting but avoid BlueHost for hosting BuddyPress. Their servers seems to be oversold. The best option is Digitalocean if you are comfortable managing your own server.

Hope that helps
    Regards
    Brajesh

• Participant
    Level: Initiated
    SearchEngineOp on #3718

Totally agree with Keymaster Yogi. Same as Bluehost, applies to Hostgator (which is owned by the same conglomerate and operated from the same data centers and call centers!), Godaddy and Network Solutions. There are several other spawns of Bluehost and Hostgator from the same major conglomerate and all offer the same bad quality oversold hosting.

Digital Ocean is fantastic, but you do have to know some more than just setting up wordpress. You create a droplet and setup your full system requirements, from the linux distro to the server stack (apache or nginx) to your actual website. If you are comfortable with managing your server, this is one of my top 3 options.

• Participant
    Level: Enlightened
    lavish on #3723

Thank you @sbrajesh @searchengineop

After reading your reviews, I think I would better stick with Godaddy because Godaddy has not given me a complaint till now.

Thank you again 🙂

• Keymaster
    (BuddyDev Team)
    Brajesh Singh on #3732

All the best with your project Lavish 🙂

The topic ‘ [Resolved] BuddyPress hosting in India’ is closed to new replies.

This topic is: resolved