BuddyDev

Search

Buddy blog pro

• Participant
    Level: Enlightened
    Eric Hinz on #51514

Hi,
    I am using https://buddydev.com/plugins/buddyblog-pro/ and added a taxonomy to a form. It is saved but not shown in the view of the form. The custom fields I have to add and that works, but how I can show the taxonomy value in the post?
    Thanks, kind regards
    Eric

• Keymaster
    (BuddyDev Team)
    Brajesh Singh on #51519

Hi Eric,
    Thank you for using BuddyBlog Pro.

1. Is your single post page appearing on user profile or is it appearing on site’s single page?
    Also, which theme and template pack are you using?

Please let me know and I will assist.

Regards
    Brajesh

• Participant
    Eric Hinz on #51528

Hi, The taxonomy is missing in the view under the profile tab and if I click on the title in the direct / full view also missing.
    I am using Elementor with Buddyboss template.
    Thanks, kind regards
    Eric

• Participant
    Eric Hinz on #51529

Hi,
    I have another question to the Blog:
    I want to give the users the possibility, to add links of Tiktok, Youtube ect. videos. So I added a custom field with oembed. By this the video is shown in view under the profile tab and in single view. Unfortunaltey the content is empty in the activities post.

If I add the url of Tiktok in the post content field, the video is not shown under the profile tab (only text of the bottom of Tiktok video), but it is shown in the single view (after clicking on the titel).
    It is not the same witha youtube video:
    If I add an url of a Youtube video in the content field, the video is not shown under the profile tab but in the single view (after clicking the titel). AND: it is shown in the activities, thats great.

What I need is:
    A possibility of adding such links with the showing of the videos in the view under the profile tab, in the single view and in the activities post.
    Hope there is a solution!
    Thanks, kind regards
    Eric

• Participant
    Eric Hinz on #51530

Hi,
    I love your Blog Plugin, but what I miss is:
    – number limits of posts for member roles
    – why don’t you implement ACF fields?
    Thanks, kind regards
    Eric

• Keymaster
    (BuddyDev Team)
    Brajesh Singh on #51540

Hi Eric,
    Thank you for your replies and feedback.

1. The content added via custom fields are dynamic content and will not appear in activity stream.
    2. If you add the url in post, we don’t control how that behaves. It is WordPress’s default oembed system. We don’t have any customization on it. What you are seeing is the behaviour WordPress provides.

3. The reason we did not add the number limits:- We allow site admins to have multiple post types and there are user with multiple roles. It became very complex to add setting for each post type and then making it roles specific. We do hope that you should be able to use filters for specific scenerio.

4. Implementing ACF:- That’s a good idea but we did not plan it initially, that’s why it is not there. There is a possibility that we may have it in future(as an alternative option).

I should explain what the functionality is being offered by BuddyBlog Pro:- It allows front end creation/editing/deletion/drafting of posts. What appears on single post is controlled by your theme.

If your custom taxonomy is not appearing on post, it means BuddyBoss theme does not support showing custom taxonomy on posts. We can help with that.

Do you want your custom taxonomy term to appear on posts archive as well as single post? Can you please link me to a screenshot showing the “Misc Settings” under Dashboard->BuddyBlog pro-> Settings -> Posts(or the post type you are using).

Also, Please let me know the name/slug of the post type and taxonomy that you want to use together.

Thank you
    Brajesh

• Participant
    Eric Hinz on #51545
    This reply has been marked as private.
  • Participant
    Eric Hinz on #51548
  • Keymaster
    (BuddyDev Team)
    Brajesh Singh on #51571
  • Participant
    Eric Hinz on #51609

Hi,
    Would be great to have a solution to show the taxonomy on the posts under the profile tab.
    Thanks, kind regards
    Eric

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

This topic is: not resolved