BuddyDev

Search

BuddyBlog

• Participant
    Level: Initiated
    Hanifa on #6396

Hi there,
    Thank you for the fantastic plugin!

I have 3 questions about it. If you could reply I would appreciate very much.

1st, in the configuration “Which capability can edit post in backend(WordPress Dashboard)?” if a leave it blank what it appended? Because I don’t I’m afraid of put here the wrong thing. My objective is for only the admin and mods can go to the back-end, all the others users should be able to edit in front-end and be denied the access to the back-end.

2nd, In the front-end when near the “reply” to the blog, it apear “Sign In Username. Log Out?” Is it possible to hide this? Because in my website everyone has to register to have access to the site and to post anything. So it will confuse the members.

3rd I would like to translate this plugin, I search in WordPress.org but didn’t find it. I’m using Poedit to translate. How can I have access to the files to translate?

Kind Regards,

• Keymaster
    (BuddyDev Team)
    Brajesh Singh on #6400

Hi Hanifa,
    Thank you for the post.

1. Please take a look at the list here for the capability vs role
    https://codex.wordpress.org/Roles_and_Capabilities#Capability_vs._Role_Table

For admins, you can use ‘list_users’ capability. I am not sure what do you mean by mod, There is no mod role in WordPress If you can point me, I will be happy to assist.

2. It is coming from your comment template. Please check your theme’s comment template

3. Please upgrade to 1.1.7
    https://buddydev.com/plugins/buddyblog/

There you will find the languages directory within the plugin. Please translate and name your generate mo file to buddyblog-your_Locale.mo
    You can put this file in wp-content/languages/plugins/ directory on in the buddyblog/languages directory.

Hope that helps.

Regards
    Brajesh

• Participant
    Hanifa on #6405

Hi Brajesh,

Thank you for your reply.

1. when I say “mod” is moderator, I create that type of user its almost equivalent to “editor”.
    So to understand this question “Which capability can edit post in backend(WordPress Dashboard)?” after it say “User with these capabilities will not be redirected to front end editor for editing post., user will not be able to edit their own post.”
    It’s here that I’m confuse. If I put for example “moderate_comments” this a function of administrator and editor in wp, so this means what? that author, subscriber and contribute can edit? But doesn’t go to the back-end?
    Because what I want is the person that create the blog can edit they blog but in front-end, never in the back-end.
    And administrator and editor can edit in both front-end and back-end.

2. Thank for the answer I will see what can I can do.

3. Thank you to point me in the right direction, I didn’t know I could find those files within the plugin. I’m new to this things.
    A question to update, I download and replace the files? Is there other way to upgrade, for example apear in wp to say to upgrade the plugin? Also where can I get the notifications of the upgrade?

• Keymaster
    (BuddyDev Team)
    Brajesh Singh on #6412

Hi Hanifa,
    Thank you

1. Yes, you are right. They can edit from the front end profile.

3. You can install BuddyDev Dashboard plugin
    https://buddydev.com/docs/guides/account/buddydev-dashboard/installing-configuring-buddydev-dashboard/

It allows automated update from BuddyDev unobtrusively. You will get the notifications like normal when an upgrade is available.

Hope that helps.

Thank you
    Brajesh

• Participant
    Hanifa on #6419

HI there,

About my second question, I’ve resolve the issue, it was the theme.

I have 1 more questions, if you can help.

When a user post a blog, it post as “draft” because I want to aprove all blog before publishing.
    But as admin or moderator/editor nome of this get a notification that we have a blog to aprove.
    Only when we go to the dashboard is when we see that there is a draft there.
    What can you suggest that we do to get notifications when a member create a blog?

Thank you very much for you attention,

Kind Regards,
    Nidia

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

This topic is: not resolved