BuddyDev

Search

BuddyBlog and ACF

• Participant
    Level: Initiated
    sierra on #36513

Can’t for the life of me get this to work when I have both BuddyBlog and ACF enabled, I am unable to create a post using ACF. Once I disable BuddyBlog, I can create custom posts with ACF.

My website is essentially just using BuddyBlog for the viewable posts in the profile- and we have several custom fields that we use with ACF- which is what is creating the post of the front end. Any idea on how to fix this? I assume it is an AJAX error but nothing comes up in my logs

• Keymaster
    (BuddyDev Team)
    Brajesh Singh on #36519

Hi Sierra,
    Thank you for using the plugin.
    We are not aware of any conflict like this.

How are you creating the front end post using ACF? Is it somewhere under BuddyBlog tabs? Please let me know and I will assist.

Regards
    Brajesh

• Participant
    sierra on #36532

We are creating the post using ACF front end in an elementor template. The create a post page is a sub-tab using the profile tab plugin- which links to an ACF front end form with all of our custom fields, instead of using the buddyblog forms. We simply use BuddyBlog to display the authors archives posts, and the single post viewed in the profile

I have tried having create posts enabled and disabled in BuddyBlog
    I have given the sub-tab a different slug other than create thinking perhaps there was a conflict there but with the same result. I have also tried using create (as that’s what we would like)

• Participant
    sierra on #36533

Pinpointed to images. Something funky happens when using ACF to upload images. When I disable Image fields, I can upload and edit posts. Hopefully, you guys can figure out what’s up with that

• Keymaster
    (BuddyDev Team)
    Brajesh Singh on #36534

Thank you.
    Please allow us to look into the day today and get back to you. WE will reach out to you if need any assistance with replicating it.

Regards
    Brajesh

• Participant
    sierra on #36556

Happen to have an update on this? It’s a pretty big bug for us, we can’t set featured images or upload any media to any of our CPT’s when BuddyBlog is activated

• Keymaster
    (BuddyDev Team)
    Brajesh Singh on #36571

Hi sierra,
    We haven’t been able to test with ACF but I am assuming the issue is due to our code adding context parameter to the uploader.

It happened since you have put the ACF form under the buddyblog’s tab.

Please put this code temporarily in your theme’s functions.php

add_action( 'bp_enqueue_scripts', function () {
    	wp_dequeue_script( 'bblogpro' );
    }, 20 );

Does it fix the issue?

If yes, can you please tell me the tab slug and sub tab slug. That way, I can provide you the code which will not affect other instances.

Regards
    Brajesh

• Participant
    sierra on #36598

BINGO!

Actually, as it stands, it seems just that alone was good enough for our needs since we do not use any of the BuddyBoss forms to handle post uploading or editing. That indeed fixed the issue we were having

Our slugs for the tab and sub tabs are mygarden, mymedic, myposts, mytrades. Each tab has a subtab with the same name.

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

This topic is: not resolved