BuddyDev

Search

[Resolved] BuddyBlog and WPML

• Participant
    Level: Enlightened
    Leo on #3082

Hi Brajesh,

I am using BuddyBlog and BP Simple Front End Post allowing my users to make posts from front end.
    After installing WPML, everything still works perfect but two things:

1. In Spanish version users still can make posts, however they are not allowed to upload media to their posts, they get a message that they do not have permissions to upload media, only admin users are able to.
    All the users are subscribers and they are able to make posts only because of the BuddyBlog user capabilities.
    Do you have any ideas how to make this work in Spanish, too?

2. When I make posts in Spanish and English, each post is shown only in the corresponding language page in my profile -> BuddyBlog. So the navbar icon shows for example 4 posts and you can see 1 in Spanish and 3 in English pages. Is it possible to show all the posts both English and Spanish pages regardless the language?

Thank you,
    Leo

• Keymaster
    (BuddyDev Team)
    Brajesh Singh on #3084

Hi Leo,
    I am sorry but I have no idea why WPML is doing that.

I need some way to use WPML and see how it works before commenting further.

• Participant
    Leo on #3085

Hi Brajesh,

OK, I will try to find it our myself and let you know.
    You can check it on my website or if you need to use WPML locally, just let me know, I can email you details.

Thanks,
    Leo

• Keymaster
    (BuddyDev Team)
    Brajesh Singh on #3097

Hi Leo,
    Please do let me know what you find. I will be looking at the site tomorrow too. If it is appropriate, please drop me a copy. I have seen that WPML has offering for developers, so will contact them too in future.

Thank you
    Brajesh

• Participant
    Leo on #3101

Hi Brajesh,

All I was able to do was to make all the members role as ‘Author’ in order them to be able to create/edit posts and upload media.
    This was not the best solution, I wanted them to be subscribers, however it was the quick thing I could do.

I will send you an email with details soon.

Thanks,
    Leo

• Participant
    Leo on #3102

Also, it solves only the first problem, I still can not show all the posts in both languages in users’ BuddyBlog pages. Do you have any ideas what can be done?

Thanks,
    Leo

• Participant
    Leo on #3104

Hi Brajesh,

Have you had the chance to check this out? I am having really hard time figuring it out.

What I found is that in WPML settings there’s such an option:
    Blog posts to display:
    1) Only translated posts.
    2) All posts (display translation if it exists or posts in default language otherwise).
    * Please note that this setting affects only blog posts queried by the main loop in a theme’s index.php template.

I have enabled in to show all the posts from all the users in both languages in my blog page. It’s ok, it works normal for the main loop.
    I wanted to do the same for users’ BuddyBlog posts page.

Here’s the function for the above mentioned function: http://pastebin.com/2JDd0GW5
    I tried to do the same way for the posts.php in buddyblog template folder, but no success.

Can you please have a look and let me know if it is possible to achieve that?

Thank you,
    Leo

• Participant
    Leo on #3130

Hi Brajesh, the problem was solved, all I needed was to add the parameter ‘suppress_filters’ => true into $query_args = array( ) in the posts.php file.

• Keymaster
    (BuddyDev Team)
    Brajesh Singh on #3136

Hi Leo,
    Thank you for posting here and sending the mail. I highly appreciate it.

Regards
    Brajesh

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

This topic is: resolved