Tagged: BP Simple Fromt End Post, buddyblog
I am using BuddyBlog and BP Simple Front End Post allowing my users to make posts from front end.
After installing WPML, everything still works perfect but two things:
1. In Spanish version users still can make posts, however they are not allowed to upload media to their posts, they get a message that they do not have permissions to upload media, only admin users are able to.
All the users are subscribers and they are able to make posts only because of the BuddyBlog user capabilities.
Do you have any ideas how to make this work in Spanish, too?
2. When I make posts in Spanish and English, each post is shown only in the corresponding language page in my profile -> BuddyBlog. So the navbar icon shows for example 4 posts and you can see 1 in Spanish and 3 in English pages. Is it possible to show all the posts both English and Spanish pages regardless the language?
- Brajesh Singh on March 18, 2016 at 5:08 pm #3084
I am sorry but I have no idea why WPML is doing that.
I need some way to use WPML and see how it works before commenting further.
- Brajesh Singh on March 19, 2016 at 1:00 pm #3097
Please do let me know what you find. I will be looking at the site tomorrow too. If it is appropriate, please drop me a copy. I have seen that WPML has offering for developers, so will contact them too in future.
All I was able to do was to make all the members role as ‘Author’ in order them to be able to create/edit posts and upload media.
This was not the best solution, I wanted them to be subscribers, however it was the quick thing I could do.
I will send you an email with details soon.
Have you had the chance to check this out? I am having really hard time figuring it out.
What I found is that in WPML settings there’s such an option:
Blog posts to display:
1) Only translated posts.
2) All posts (display translation if it exists or posts in default language otherwise).
* Please note that this setting affects only blog posts queried by the main loop in a theme’s index.php template.
I have enabled in to show all the posts from all the users in both languages in my blog page. It’s ok, it works normal for the main loop.
I wanted to do the same for users’ BuddyBlog posts page.
Here’s the function for the above mentioned function: http://pastebin.com/2JDd0GW5
I tried to do the same way for the posts.php in buddyblog template folder, but no success.
Can you please have a look and let me know if it is possible to achieve that?
- Brajesh Singh on March 22, 2016 at 6:15 pm #3136
Thank you for posting here and sending the mail. I highly appreciate it.
You must be logged in to reply to this topic.