BuddyDev

Search

Buddyblog assign different author to specific form id

Tagged: 

• Participant
    Level: Guru
    Tosin on #40927

Hello,

please can add a feature to assign a default author for publishing posts instead of the current logged in user.

The form settings page will have the option

Assign Form Author
    1. Current logged in user
    2. Alternative user by username or id

I have a form with ID 37232 called GENERAL FORM and I want to assign the user with ID 3728 as the author of all post published by other users through this form.
    Thanks

• Keymaster
    Level: Yogi
    (BuddyDev Team)
    Ravi on #40936

Hello Tosin,

Thank you for the suggestions. I have added this into the BuddyBlog Pro todo items and we will consider this in future versions of the plugin. If you are okay with the custom code I can give you the code which will update the post author once the post is published.

Regards
    Ravi

• Participant
    Tosin on #40937

Thanks ravi the custom code will be appreciated but kindly note that I have 2 form available for publishing.

1. General Form (id=37232) – the main shortcode where the author is (logged in user)
    2. Private Form (id=58256) – no shortcode available but I want the author to be assigned to specific user by (username or id)

Now the General form is publicly availabel but the Private form cant be assigned a shortcode because there is no way to differentiate the shortcode [bbl-create-by-post-type post_type=’post’]

A way to differentiate the form would be to pass the form ID in the shortcode with shortcode parameter id=37232

So now both forms can be displayed in two different pages
    General form = [bbl-create-by-post-type post_type=’post’ id=’37232′]
    Private form = [bbl-create-by-post-type post_type=’post’ id=’58256′]

Thanks

• Keymaster
    (BuddyDev Team)
    Brajesh Singh on #41282

Hi Tosin,
    Thank you for the details.

I short of decided to hold this in the new release.

The problem I am seeing is BuddyBlog uses post author for listing posts, providing access to post editing etc.

If a user submits a form and the er user post creator will loose the access/right to edit it. This will be problematic.

Can you please help me understand your use case and I will have some suggestions.

Regards
    Brajesh

• Participant
    Tosin on #41283
    This reply has been marked as private.
  • Participant
    Tosin on #41308

Any update sir

Thanks

• Participant
    Tosin on #41357

Gentle reminder sir

• Keymaster
    (BuddyDev Team)
    Brajesh Singh on #41359

Hi Tosin,
    I am sorry for the delay in reply. Please allow me to think about it a bit more. We did not plan for anonymous users from the beginning, so we need to think about it before adding any feature that takes in that direction.

My main concerns are the “after submission” redirect that will most probably become troubling for users.

Regards
    Brajesh

• Participant
    Tosin on #41494

Hello Brajesh

The “after submission” shouldnt be an issue as ill prefer to redirect to a custom page on submission.

Thanks

• Participant
    Tosin on #41643

Gentle reminder

Thanks

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

This topic is: not resolved