BuddyDev

Search

Buddyblog category and tag adjustment

• Participant
    Level: Guru
    Tosin on #39290

Hello,

Please can you make the category field and tag field to look like this https://ibb.co/zXFRV1x

Displaying 150 categories and 50 tags makes the page really really long. The category field could also be a dropdown select field.

The categories and tag fields should be compact.

Thanks

• Keymaster
    (BuddyDev Team)
    Brajesh Singh on #39292

Hi Tosin,
    Sure. For category, we need to define a max-height and overflow property in css. I will add it in our release next week(Monday/Tuesday).

For tags, It will take some time as we are working on allowing users to create tags from front end too(if the admin permits).

Regards
    Brajesh

• Participant
    Tosin on #39897

Hello,

Gentle reminder you forgot to add this in the recent update. It would really improve mobile experience especially when using the medium editor.

see image below while using the medium editor you can see how long the category list is.

https://ibb.co/CmK99zm

Thanks

• Keymaster
    (BuddyDev Team)
    Brajesh Singh on #39906

Hi Tosin,
    I am sorry, I missed the css part. I have added it now. It will be available in our next minor release.

Regards
    Brajesh

• Participant
    Tosin on #39920

Thanks if possible making it a dropdown select input box would be ok in order to prevent users selecting multiple categories. Only one category should be selected.

• Participant
    Tosin on #40370

will this update be coming anytime soon

thanks

• Keymaster
    (BuddyDev Team)
    Brajesh Singh on #40377

Hi Tosin,
    we are hoping to release it in next 2 weeks.

Regards
    Brajesh

• Keymaster
    (BuddyDev Team)
    Brajesh Singh on #40568

Hi,
    Please upgrade to 1.1.6. The fix is available with it.

Regards
    Brajesh

• Participant
    Tosin on #40582

Thanks for the update

1. I just noticed that settings option to exclude categories does not work with this update.
    Categories have been selected to be excluded but the categories are still available in the post editor.
    Please note that im using the medium editor.

2. Also with this update will it be possible to restrict users to select only one post category

Thanks

• Keymaster
    (BuddyDev Team)
    Brajesh Singh on #40586

Hi Tosin,
    Thank you for the reply.

1. Seems very strange. There has been no change in the logic here only css, so does not make any sense. I will check again to confirm it.

2. yes, in future, we will have the view option for terms where you can select it. Not right now as the checkbox is not able to restrict it.

Regards
    Brajesh

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

This topic is: not resolved