BuddyDev

Search

Buddyblog confirm action for publishing

• Participant
    Level: Guru
    Tosin on #39303

Hello,

The buddyblog plugin would really be helpful in providing lots of user generated content, but I also think it is important to guide users while creating content. I would like to suggest a confirmation message to be displayed when the user clicks on the publish/submit button.

The confirmation message can be a simple question like ( Are your sure this information is accurate and safe for public’s interest) A (yes or no/edit post) option would be selected before post is submitted.

This can be integrated directly into the buddyblog plugin or BuddyPress Confirm Actions.

I think it would be important for users to think twice before submitting any form of content for public consumption especially when dealing with fake news.

Thanks

• Keymaster
    (BuddyDev Team)
    Brajesh Singh on #39311

Hi Tosin,
    Thank you for the suggestion.

I am not in favour of adding a Confirm action for publishing. This will be changing the experience(WordPress does not ask for confirming in the dashboard).

Still, I will be glad to help you with it. Let me see if I can add a filter to allow you control this behaviour.

I will update you within 24 hours.

Thank you
    Brajesh

• Participant
    Tosin on #39538

Gentle reminder

• Keymaster
    (BuddyDev Team)
    Brajesh Singh on #39550

Hi Tosin,
    We have added the support for custom classes for submission buttons and have tested this. It will be available in the next release of BuddyBlog pro(This weekend of early next week).

Regards
    Brajesh

• Keymaster
    (BuddyDev Team)
    Brajesh Singh on #39781

Hi Tosin,
    hope you are doing well.

I have released BuddyBlog pro 1.1.5. You can use the following code to enable confirmation on the post submission.

// Request confirmation before post submission.
    add_filter( 'bblpro_submission_button_classes', function ( $classes ) {
    	array_push( $classes, 'bbl-confirm-action' );

return $classes;
    } );

You do not need the BP confirm action plugin for this. Please let me know if it works for you or not?

Regards
    Brajesh

• Participant
    Tosin on #39851

Thanks it worked but how do I add the message (Are your sure this information is accurate and safe for public’s interest)

Thanks

• Keymaster
    (BuddyDev Team)
    Brajesh Singh on #39857

Thank you for confirming.

At the moment, the message is not customizable. I will add the text to be customizable based on context in next update.

Regards
    Brajesh

• Participant
    Tosin on #40369

reminder

• Keymaster
    (BuddyDev Team)
    Brajesh Singh on #40376

Hi Tosin,
    we are hoping to release it in next 2 weeks.

Regards
    Brajesh

• Keymaster
    (BuddyDev Team)
    Brajesh Singh on #40558

Hi Tosin,
    Thank you for the patience.

Please upgrade to 1.1.6 and you can use any localization plugin to change the texts for these confirmations.

Regards
    Brajesh

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

This topic is: not resolved