BuddyDev

Search

BuddyBlog – Displaying custom post types

• Participant
    Susana on #6393

Hi everyone,

First I need to say thank you for BuddyBlog. It is an awesome plugin!

Here is what I am having problems with:

My users are required to add custom fields when posting on the site.
    I want to be able to choose the style (class) and format (page location) of each custom field.
    I also would like to mark some fields as required and do some sort of form validation.

Unfortunately, Buddyblog is rendering all the custom fields together, does not allow me to give them a class or to mark some as requiered and do a check before submitting them.
    Also, the date picker and the url fields are rendered as text.

So my question is:
    Is there a way in which I can render each custom filed individually, give it a class, and mark it as required?

or If not, what other options do I have?

Thank you for helping me in advance I REALLY appreciate any help.
    Susana

• Keymaster
    (BuddyDev Team)
    Brajesh Singh on #6401

Hi Susana,
    Welcome to BuddyDev.

1. Are you able to add custom fields in the form( I guess you are ), If not, Please see this post
    https://buddydev.com/support/forums/topic/custom-post-fields-in-buddyblog/#post-1637

2. You can use your own custom rendering form, you may copy bp-simple-front-end-post to feposting/form.php in your themes directory and modify it.

3. For required, BuddyBlog currently does not provide access to direct validation. It does checks for some sanitization but that is not what you are looking for. An easy way is to validate yourself on ‘bp_init’ before the form handler gets the chance to do it.

Hope that helps.
    Regards
    Brajesh

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

This topic is: not resolved