BuddyDev

Search

[Resolved] BuddyBlog Groups – 1.0.0-RC-3 – possible bug?

• Participant
    Level: Master
    NikB on #48452

Hi again Brajesh

So sorry but in testing the latest BuddyBlog Groups update, I seem to have run into a fairly significant issue as follows –

When creating a new post where “Notify Admin on Post Submission” OR “Notify Author on Post Submission” has been set to true, the “Publish” process fails to complete (looks as if it has got into a loop somehow as the “timer” doesn’t stop spinning). The post does actually get saved but no success message is displayed and no notication emails are sent.

This happens for Group posts AND (quite surprisingly ) also for Personal posts.
    It doesn’t make any difference whether the post is set to publish immediately or to be sent for review.
    Reverting to the previous version of BuddyBlog Groups fixes the problem.

I’m really hoping this is just an easy oversight somewhere as unfortunately I can’t upgrade until this is resolved.

With many thanks in advance.
    Nik

• Keymaster
    (BuddyDev Team)
    Brajesh Singh on #48453

Hi Nik,
    Thank you for reporting.
    I am sorry, I have no idea why a BuddyBlog Group release will have any effect on the existing BuddyBlog Pro.

Please allow me 2 days to test(I hope we will have the details early) and get back to you.

Thank you
    Brajesh

• Participant
    NikB on #48457

Hi Brajesh

Thank you for getting back to me so promptly. I’ve now done a bit more investigating myself and I’m 99% sure that the issue is being caused by the line –

add_filter( 'bblpro_message_tokens', array( $this, 'add_message_tokens' ) );

… in class-default-filters.php.

I haven’t yet investigating what this is intended to achieve, nor tested for any knock on effects, but disabling this line certainly appears to solve the above problem for both group and personal posts.

Hope this is perhaps some help?
    Nik

• Keymaster
    (BuddyDev Team)
    Brajesh Singh on #48476

Hi Nik,
    I have tested it now.
    It is not appearing for us even if we enable the submission/pending.

Can you please enable WP debug logging and share me the log. The only possibility is calling an undefined function related to group but that will be very strange.

Regards
    Brajesh

• Participant
    NikB on #48485
    This reply has been marked as private.
  • Keymaster
    (BuddyDev Team)
    Brajesh Singh on #48486
  • Participant
    NikB on #48488
  • Keymaster
    (BuddyDev Team)
    Brajesh Singh on #48510

Thank you Nik.

The topic ‘ [Resolved] BuddyBlog Groups – 1.0.0-RC-3 – possible bug?’ is closed to new replies.

This topic is: resolved