BuddyDev

Search

BuddyBlog Groups – a couple of suggestions…

• Participant
    Level: Master
    NikB on #49228

Hi Brajesh

Neither of these are at all urgent, but if/when you are next issuing a full release of BuddyBlog Groups, I wonder if you might consider –

1. With BuddyBlog Pro, there is an option to “Redirect users after submission” to a Custom URL. Would it perhaps be possible to add a similar option to BuddyBlog Groups?

2. I’ve noticed that when viewing a user’s personal profile, the BuddyBlog posts count seems to include any posts which they have made within a group (despite the fact that these are not actually viewable on their profile, and indeed nor should they be). Would it be possible to add a filter to exclude these somehow (assuming it doesn’t already exist)?

As above, neither of these are critical issues, maybe just nice to have one day.

With many thanks as always.
    Nik

• Keymaster
    (BuddyDev Team)
    Brajesh Singh on #49237

Hi Nik,
    Thank you for the suggestions.

1. We will add it back. It was disabled to favour security. In case of delegated control to group admins, we felt uncomfortable with this setting. We will probably make ti difficult to delegate or add a prominent notice to avoid unknowingly allowing group admins to redirect users.

2. This could happen. We need to filter it from Group plugin as BuddyBlog is not aware when groups is active but groups is. I will add it in the core.

Thank you
    Brajesh

• Participant
    NikB on #49256

Hi Brajesh

Thank you for your consideration.

1. Take your point re. allowing groups admins to redirect users. Personally I don’t think it would detract too much from the overall functionality of the plugin if this setting were to be restricted to site admin only, but otherwise, as you suggest, some kind of warning if it should be delegated to group admins would definitely make some sense.

2. Also take your point re. BuddyBlog Pro not necessarily/automatically being aware of group posts. It would definitely be a useful/helpful feature if a filter code be included in a future as you suggest.

With many thanks as always.
    Nik

• Participant
    NikB on #49257

Mary Mead… I’m sorry, I’m not sure I understand the point of your comment?

• Keymaster
    (BuddyDev Team)
    Brajesh Singh on #49261

Hi Nick,
    Thank you Nik.
    Please expect an update by this weekend.

Also, The last reply was from a spammer, I have removed it.

Regards
    Brajesh

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

This topic is: not resolved