BuddyDev

Search

BuddyBlog Groups – email tokens

• Participant
    Level: Master
    NikB on #48189

Hi there

If a new post is made in a group, I would like to include the group name in the notification emails to admins and group admins. If a “token” doesn’t already exist for this (eg. something like [post_group]) could you possibly suggest how I could go about adding one?

With many thanks in advance.
    Nik

• Keymaster
    (BuddyDev Team)
    Brajesh Singh on #48190

Hi Nik,
    Thank you.
    It’s a great idea. Let me add a token. I am working on BuddyBlog Pro & BuddyBlog Groups this week to update the old tickets. I will have the release by this weekend with this.

Thank you
    Brajesh

• This reply was modified 1 year, 2 months ago by Brajesh Singh. Reason: corrected plugin names
  • Participant
    Level: Master
    NikB on #48196

Hi Brajesh

Wow that was quick… I’m glad you think it is a good idea and worth including as an option.

On a similar note, it would be really helpful to have a way of adapting the [post_url] token to something more relevant when sending out emails prior to post approval as this is a) slightly misleading to the end user (looks as if their post has already been published) and b) not very helpful to admin as they still need to go the WordPress (or group) dashboard in order to approve the post.

eg. ideally there would be a [review_post_url] token applicable to unpublished posts which would send users to their pending posts (either personal or group) and admins to the WordPress dashboard (if a personal post) or pending posts in the relevant group (if a group post).

Obviously that’s a bit more complicated than a [post_group] token so if it’s too much to ask, I might just leave out the post url in the initial notification emails to users and provide more detailed but general instructions to group admins on how to go about approving posts… although if there was a way to add my own customised email token, I’d be happy to work on that one myself.

With many thanks again for all your efforts and will look forward to the next release in due course.
    Regards
    Nik

• Keymaster
    (BuddyDev Team)
    Brajesh Singh on #48693

Hi Nik,
    Thank you for the feedback.
    I will look into it in the next update.

Regards
    Brajesh

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

This topic is: not resolved