BuddyDev

Search

BuddyBlog Groups – Notification Filters

• Participant
    Level: Master
    NikB on #49207

Hi Brajesh

Request in brief – if at all possible, it would be really useful to have two additional filters in BuddyBlog Groups (similar to “bblpro_groups_post_submission_notify_author”) to allow filtering of the admin and group admin notifications (similar to what already exists in BuddyBlog Pro for admin and author notifications).

Longer explanation (if needed) –

The default workflow for all posts on my site is that they are submitted for review upon submission.

I use the bblpro_default_post_status_for_user filter to allow posts by certain users (ie. editors and group admins) to be published immediately (ie without approval).

If a post is submitted/published without requiring approval, I want to prevent admin, author and group admin (if relevant) notifcations from being sent out.

With BuddyBlog Pro, this works very well using the following code/filters –

/**
     * Skip notification on post submit
     * @param null    $skip_notify  Need to notify or not.
     * @param WP_Post $post         Post object.
     * @param int     $form_id      Form id.
     * @return mixed
     */
    function buddydev_skip_post_submit_notification( $skip_notify, $post, $form_id ) {

if ( 'publish' === bblpro_get_default_post_status_for_user( get_current_user_id(), $form_id, $post->ID ) ) {
    		$skip_notify = true;
    	}

return $skip_notify;
    }
    add_filter( 'bblpro_pre_handle_post_submission_admin_notification', 'buddydev_skip_post_submit_notification', 10, 3 );
    add_filter( 'bblpro_pre_handle_post_submission_author_notification', 'buddydev_skip_post_submit_notification', 10, 3 ); 

My one remaining request would be to be able to achieve similar for BuddyBlog Group posts. I understand that the new “bblpro_groups_post_submission_notify_author” filter will allow me to “skip” the author notification, ideally what I would like to see would be two additional filters eg. something along the lines of “bblpro_groups_post_submission_notify_admin” and “bblpro_groups_post_submission_notify_group_admin”.

I do hope this helps to clarify but any queries, please do let me know. I really do appreciate all your efforts to accommodate this if at all practical.

Regards
    Nik

• Keymaster
    (BuddyDev Team)
    Brajesh Singh on #49213

Hi Nik,
    Thank you.
    It makes a lot of sense.

Please allow me to push an update by tomorrow.

Thank you
    Brajesh

• Keymaster
    (BuddyDev Team)
    Brajesh Singh on #49225

Hi Nik,
    Thank you for your patience.
    Please upgrade to RC8.
    I have added following filters in 1.0.0-RC8

bblgroups_pre_handle_post_submission_author_notification
    bblgroups_pre_handle_post_submission_admin_notification
    bblgroups_pre_handle_post_submission_group_admin_notification

bblgroups_pre_handle_post_approval_author_notification
    bblgroups_pre_handle_post_rejection_author_notification

All of these have same signature

apply_filters( 'bblgroups_pre_handle_post_submission_author_notification', null, $post, $form_id, $group_id )

If you return first parameter as true, the notification will be stopped.

Hope that helps.

Regards
    Brajesh

• Participant
    Level: Master
    NikB on #49226

Hi Brajesh

Thank you so much. Those filters should allow me to achieve everything I need to achieve (and hopefully will be helpful to others too), so really appreciate it.

I will of course test and let you know if I run into any queries 😉

Regards
    Nik

• Keymaster
    (BuddyDev Team)
    Brajesh Singh on #49227

Thank you Nik.
    I look forward to your test and feedback.

Regards
    Brajesh

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

This topic is: not resolved