Just saw a recent query about Google and just wanted to confirm that presumably BuddyBlog Group posts which are posted in a private group won’t be indexed by Google either? Or are there any additional steps I should take to prevent this.
With many thanks in advance.
- Brajesh Singh on May 1, 2023 at 8:24 am #49343
If you are using a seo plugin, these post urls might get indexed but the content will not be visible for private group posts.
Thank you Brajesh. That’s interesting…
1. Does that mean that the title and excerpt could potentially show up in Google? Or is Google “intelligent” enough to work out that the link itself can’t be reached and therefore result won’t display at all?
2. Would it be better NOT to be using an seo plugin? I’d assumed that would give added protection (eg. by not allowing groups to be indexed at all) but maybe that’s not the case?
- Brajesh Singh on May 1, 2023 at 10:33 am #49348
Thank you for the reply.
There is a better and easier way around if you are using an SEO plugin. Most of these plugin allow you to exclude post types from indexing.
so, add the relevant post types to exclusion and things should be fine. If you are not using any seo plugin, there is not much to worry about.
- Brajesh Singh on May 2, 2023 at 8:29 am #49357This reply has been marked as private.
- Brajesh Singh on May 2, 2023 at 9:57 am #49361This reply has been marked as private.
- Brajesh Singh on May 4, 2023 at 8:04 am #49383This reply has been marked as private.
You must be logged in to reply to this topic.