BuddyDev

Search

Buddyblog – How To Enable Multiple Capabilities

Tagged: 

• Participant
    Level: Initiated
    Roni Gabriel on #34318

I think this is a good plugin. However, is it possible to enable more than one assigned user role for publishing, creating and editing?

I tried adding multiple roles in the box for capabilities, separating them with a comma: editor, administrator

However, this still does not give me as administrator any access to post blog when I’m logged in as admin. If I just put administrator in the box then it obviously works.

How can we add multiple user roles to blog content publishing etc.,.?

Thank you for your help.

• Participant
    Roni Gabriel on #34319

Perhaps there is a way to enable multiple roles within wordpress platform? Rather than trying to do it through Buddyblog?

• Keymaster
    (BuddyDev Team)
    Brajesh Singh on #34328

Hi Roni,
    Thank you for the question.

The plugin allows for any number of role for publishing the content. We are using capability and not roles.

You should not put a role in that box(It will work but is deprecated by WordPress).
    For example, if you want all roles to post, you can use the read capability

read

If you want only contributors and above(author, editor, admins) to post, you can use the

edit_posts

capability.

Please see the article for more details.

https://wordpress.org/support/article/roles-and-capabilities/

Hope that helps.

Regards
    Brajesh

• Participant
    Roni Gabriel on #34349

I’m sorry I didn’t see the obvious! Thank you for kindly explaining it to me.

How would I go about changing the link text of “Set Featured Image” to a button?

The way it is now within the Youzer blog profile page it is not easy to see. Needs to be a button or larger font at least.

Thank you. Enjoying the plugin!

• Keymaster
    (BuddyDev Team)
    Brajesh Singh on #34356

Hi Roni,
    No issues.

About the Youzer, I am sorry, we do not support any compatibility with Youzer.

Please ask for support from Youzer devs for the same.

Regards
    Brajesh

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

This topic is: not resolved