BuddyDev

Search

Buddyblog is awesome, a couple of things that would help

• Participant
    Level: Initiated
    Derek Knox on #40527

Buddyblog is a great tool, there is nothing that easy that exists on the market. Thank you.

A few questions

– When going back over the custom field once you’ve set it up, it seems to lose the setting for the form that it is using, this keeps needing to be set.
    – When the custom fields are set there is no way to go back and edit them, you need to delete them and do a new field in order to make changes? This sounds a bit buglike (see image)
    – Once an item is published it seems to not save it and it 404’s, is this a setting issue?
    – Is there a roadmap on this?

Also . . and this is a bit left field. This is such a smart plugin, I wouldnt call it “Buddblog’ I would call it “Buddy Custom Posts” as this is what it does. It’s perfect. Thank you!

• Keymaster
    (BuddyDev Team)
    Brajesh Singh on #40537

Hi Derek,
    Thank you for the feedback.

– When going back over the custom field once you’ve set it up, it seems to lose the setting for the form that it is using, this keeps needing to be set.

I am sorry, I am unable to understand it. Please share me a link to the screenshot showing the issue. I might be missing something here.

– When the custom fields are set there is no way to go back and edit them, you need to delete them and do a new field in order to make changes? This sounds a bit buglike (see image)

This is by design. The custom fields are lightweight and you can create/delete them as many times as you need.

The data from existing post is not deleted. So, in order to make them available again, you can add the custom field with the same “key”.

– Once an item is published it seems to not save it and it 404’s, is this a setting issue?

Probably the “Published” tab or the Posts List tab is disabled. Can you please check that?

We are working on new features such as a different editor(Instead of tiny MCE, you can opt for Medium editor), allowing site admins to sell the ability to post) and a lot more. Should be available in next couple of weeks.

Thank you for the name suggestion and you are very correct about it. We named it incorrectly. Will be updating the description with your suggested name.

Regards
    Brajesh

• Keymaster
    (BuddyDev Team)
    Brajesh Singh on #40571

Hi Derek,

The 404 may happen if you have the editing of post disabled by the user. Please visit dashboard->BuddyBlog->settings->(Post type tab) and look for the editing section.

Please enable

“Allow users to edit their posts?” to Yes and

“Enable Edit for” -> “All Members”

Regards
    Brajesh

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

This topic is: not resolved