BuddyDev

Search

Buddyblog limit submissions addon suggestion

• Participant
    Level: Guru
    Tosin on #41179

Hello,

Can you take a look at this plugin https://www.gravityforms.com/add-ons/limit-submissions/ for more feature suggestions for buddyblog.

• Keymaster
    Level: Yogi
    (BuddyDev Team)
    Ravi on #41199

Hello Tosin,

Thank you for the suggestion. We will look at the feasibility of these features set for BuddyBlog Pro and let you know.

Regards
    Ravi

• Participant
    Tosin on #41216

I Also think this addition will help the woocommerce integration in terms of better publishing control.

For example
    pay per post = buy one post credit for $10 will give users access to publish 5 posts per day or 30 per month

• Keymaster
    (BuddyDev Team)
    Brajesh Singh on #41225

Hi Tosin,
    Thank you for the suggestion.

Even though an addon for limiting submission will be good, I am not finding the above addon much helpful. I will explain with each of their limits.

1.Limit who can submit your forms. :- We already have the ability to limit by roles.

2.Limit what can be submitted. :- Not much relevant as the plugin is for creating content not a form submission. If we extend our validations features, that will take care of this.

3. Limit where your forms can be submitted. – Not relevant as the form has predefined locations currently.

4. Limit when your forms can be submitted.:- It does not seem a highly needed feature. It can be an option in the future but I am not seeing a strong reason to have it. The reason is you can globally turn off creation anytime.

Overall, I find that BuddyBlog Pro is aimed at a different use case than the contact form submission plugins and are used in different context. We should have restrictions(how many entries are allowed, who can publish, who can edit after publish, how many days after publishing an entry is allowed to be edited, set limit for auto deletion/drafting of posts after n days and so).

I will love to hear your ideas in BuddyBlog context.

Regards
    Brajesh

• Participant
    Tosin on #41234

Thanks Brajesh,

I do agree with you 100%, the restrictions that are most applicable in BuddyBlog context are the ones you outlined (how many entries are allowed, who can publish, who can edit after publish, how many days after publishing an entry is allowed to be edited, set limit for auto deletion/drafting of posts after n days and so).

I Also think its better not to over complicate features. Ive been having all this suggestions lately as I think buddypress plugins really need to improve in terms of monetization of features and functionality. Why have a community or platform if it cannot be monetized properly. For example this was a plugin heading in a good direction before it was abandoned. https://wordpress.org/plugins/bp-premiums/

Thanks

• Keymaster
    (BuddyDev Team)
    Brajesh Singh on #41238
    This reply has been marked as private.
  • Participant
    Tosin on #41642

Hello Brajesh,

Gentle reminder with regards to the buddyblog limit submissions addon

Thanks

• Participant
    Tosin on #42130

Hello Brajesh,

Will this feature or addon still be feasible.

Thanks

• Keymaster
    (BuddyDev Team)
    Brajesh Singh on #42140

Hi Tosin,
    Thank you for checking.

The Restrictions feature for BuddyBlog will be available sometime in January next year. This is 3rd in list of our priorities for BuddyBlog Pro currently.

Regards
    Brajesh

• Participant
    Tosin on #43630

Hello Brajesh,

Hope you did not forget about this, you gave an eta as at January.

Thanks

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

This topic is: not resolved