BuddyDev

Search

[Resolved] buddyBlog media not showing in lightbox

• Participant
    Level: Master
    Richard Foley on #17503

hi Brajesh,

using buddyBlog for handling text and media in the standard WP editor on the front end works very well, and is one of the reasons I chose to go with mediaPress too.

However, the images in the blogs don’t get loaded in a lightbox, instead they are simple links to the media page/attachment. This is, in contrast to the activity feeds and galleries somewhat clunky. I’m not sure if this is because of my configuration, or because of a limitation of the editor, or something else? Is there some workaround, or have I missed something obvious?

Thanks in advance for any helpful insights on this.

R.

• Keymaster
    (BuddyDev Team)
    Brajesh Singh on #17506

Hi Richard,
    Thank you for asking.

While uploading, Please make sure you select link to file as in the image

https://i.imgur.com/PGENYNl.png

Most of the lightbox plugin will only pick a media in lightbox if it is linked to original file. Please try that and let me know if it works or not?

Regards
    Brajesh

• Participant
    Richard Foley on #17511

hi Brajesh,

yes, the images are “linked to media” as per your screenshot.

It is important in this case to note that all the blogs on my site are built using the buddyBlog and SFEP plugin from buddyDev, from the FRONT END. My users simply use whatever the buddyBlog interface provides them, automatically sets for them, on the front end.

R.

• Keymaster
    (BuddyDev Team)
    Brajesh Singh on #17517

Hi Richard,

If they are linked to the media file and not attachment page, they should open the image not the attachment page.

Can you please link me to a page, I can quickly check why it is not opening in lightbox.

About the setting in the model(for the dropdown, we don’t have much control, It is same that you see in the backend).

Thank you
    Brajesh

• Participant
    Richard Foley on #17524

hi Brajesh,

here’s a link where you can see the behaviour, all media linked to “Media File”.

https://www.naktiv.net/members/richinud/bb/my-posts/189574/

NB. there’s another (harmless) naked image there, if you want to hide the URL, that’s ok with me 😉

R.

• Keymaster
    (BuddyDev Team)
    Brajesh Singh on #17533

Hi Richard,
    I see the issue.

The lightbox is not loaded on those pages. Which lightbox plugin are you using? I can check and most probably use some filter to load it on profile.

Regards
    Brajesh

• Participant
    Richard Foley on #17716

I don’t think I’m using any special lightbox. Just the one “out of the box”, which comes with MediaPress.

R.

• Keymaster
    (BuddyDev Team)
    Brajesh Singh on #17722

Hi Richard,
    Thank you for clarifying.

I am sorry but MediaPress lightbox only works with MediaPress uploaded media. It does not work with posts. It seems that’s the reason.

Regards
    Brajesh

• Participant
    Richard Foley on #17724

hi Brajesh,

just a minute, let’s not lose track of what we’re talking about here. I’m using BuddyBlog with SFEP, (both your plugins), *because* they work well *with* MediaPress (also your plugin). Therefore I’m not expecting any incompatibility here between your buddyBlog and your mediaPress.

Or am I missing something obvious…?

R.

• Keymaster
    (BuddyDev Team)
    Brajesh Singh on #17746

Hi Richard,
    I am sorry for the confusion. There are a lot of misunderstanding above.

1. BuddyBlog and MediaPress are not related(other than being part of our suit of plugins). They have no intersecting features.

2. MediaPress has its own lightbox which it applies on a media uploaded via MediaPress only.

3. Normally, You can use any lightbox solution to enable lightbox in post. There are many options available and most of them work beautifully.

4. I was confused that you were already using a lightbox for post and that was not working with BuddyBlog. I was thinking that some plugin might load lightbox by checking is_single or is_singular and that could cause problem on profile posts(Not applies if the posts are shown in normal blog stream).

Since you are not using a lightbox plugin for post, this is the expected behaviour.

I hope it clarifies.

Regards
    Brajesh

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

This topic is: resolved