BuddyDev

Search

[Resolved] Buddyblog pay per post improvement/suggestion

• Participant
    Level: Guru
    Tosin on #49450

Hello Brajesh,

I recently noticed that the only way to purchase a post is when the post status is changing to (publish)

It would also be awesome if its possible to pay for a post when (updating) a old post that has already been published.

Currently to mark an old post as featured I need to revert the post back to (draft) then (republish) the post after selecting an option in the pay per post field before the user is redirected to checkout page to make payment. It would be easier to feature a post while (updating) an old post.

For example

1.) If a user is editing an old post and the pay per post option field is not selected then the post should be updated with the default normal workflow.

2.) If the pay per post option field is selected while editing an old post, when the user clicks the (update) button then the user should be redirected to either cart or checkout page. Here the post should only be updated when the user has completed payment.

Thanks

• Keymaster
    (BuddyDev Team)
    Brajesh Singh on #49455

Hi Tosin,
    Thank you for the suggestion.

the current workflow limits the publishing ability for unpaid posts.

can you please tell us the exact change you need in settings to achieve your goal?

Thank you
    Brajesh

• Participant
    Tosin on #49457

Thanks for the feedback Brajesh

You got the suggestion right

I want a settings in the product section to also enable users to mark old posts or unpaid posts and expired paid posts as sticky.

So when user edits an old post they can select a product price and promote/feature old unpaid post as sticky

NEW WORKFLOW ON POST EDIT
    Clicking the (update) button will now redirect the user to cart or checkout page, after successful payment the post will now be updated and also become sticky

NOTE – this new workflow will only take effect if a price option was selected in the pay per post field while updating an old post.

Thanks

Thanks

• Keymaster
    (BuddyDev Team)
    Brajesh Singh on #49495

Thank you Tosin.
    Please allow me to get back to you next week.

Regards
    Brajesh

• Participant
    Tosin on #49620

Hello Brajesh,

How is the update progressing.

Thanks

• Keymaster
    (BuddyDev Team)
    Brajesh Singh on #49627

Hi Tosin,
    I will need some more time. Haven’t been able to spend much time on this one.

Regards
    Brajesh

• Participant
    Tosin on #49826

Gentle reminder sir

Thanks

• Keymaster
    (BuddyDev Team)
    Brajesh Singh on #49830

Hi Tosin,
    Thank you for following up. I am sorry, It feel off our map.

Ravi or I will be getting back to you early next week and proceeding with the update.

Regards
    Brajesh

• Keymaster
    Level: Yogi
    (BuddyDev Team)
    Ravi on #49860

Hello Tosin,

I am working on a solution and will update you by tomorrow day end.

Regards
    Ravi

• Participant
    Tosin on #49861

Thank you Ravi im really looking forward to this.

The topic ‘ [Resolved] Buddyblog pay per post improvement/suggestion’ is closed to new replies.

This topic is: resolved