BuddyDev

Search

[Resolved] Buddyblog – premium version: bugs and suggestions

• Participant
    Level: Initiated
    Kateryna on #37789

Hello,

I’d like to repport 4 bugs I’ve detected while I were setting up the forms:

1. The placeholder content in the rich area text isn’t visible: so when you leave the instructions for the user to complete the form, he can’t see them. To solve that, at the moment I’m using the field type > post content without a tinymce editor. The same bug happens with custom field type > rich text editor. I put all informations in the label box.

2. I’ve tested the custom field Image and the images don’t show up. You can only see the ID image.

3. Custom field > url: the url on the completed field isn’t not clickable.

4. Custom field > oembed: it doesn’t work either. You can see the url to insert, but not a video. Instead it works when you paste the url in the text area.

And to end, I have one suggestion: It would be great to have the same options to set up for the post fields > post content if we decide to use riche text editor that we have in custom fields > rich text editor (show quicktags, allow upload).

Thank you in advence, best regards,

Kateryna.

• Keymaster
    (BuddyDev Team)
    Brajesh Singh on #37790

Hi Kateryna,
    Thank you for using the plugin.

Can you please link me to a screenshot showing the issue in 2,3,4. These are working properly for me.

I am aware of the issue with placeholder and tinymce and we are planning to add description field in future to let admin put some notes if they need to.

There will be more flexibility on post_content in future(Not immediately but we will be merging post fields and custom fields to allow ordering etc).

Regards
    Brajesh

• Participant
    Kateryna on #37844

Hi Brajesh,

2.+ 3.

https://snipboard.io/FId2sS.jpg

https://snipboard.io/fSqjzv.jpg

In these screenshots you can see the image ID’s in the post, but when you edit the post you see the uploaded images.

And the custom field url is completed, but the links don’t click.

4. https://snipboard.io/I4rF5k.jpg

The video you can see, I put the url to insert in a text area.

Thank you for your answer.

Kateryna.

• This reply was modified 2 years, 11 months ago by Kateryna.
  • Keymaster
    (BuddyDev Team)
    Brajesh Singh on #37852

Hi Kateryna,
    Thank you.

Are you using shortcode to put the meta values in your post? If yes, Please share the shortcodes being used. It seems you are using raw value instead of the formatted one for display.

Regards
    Brajesh

• Participant
    Kateryna on #37980

Hi Brajesh,

I’m not using shortcode: I created a custom field with ACF plugin, then I created a Buddyblog form (in the field meta key I’ve put the same field information as it appears in ACF) and finally I added the field in the content.php file so you can see the field information online.

The buddyblog form correspond to custom post type which I created with the plugin CPT UI.

For the moment, I won’t use the oembed and images field in buddyblog form, only url (i’ve done another tests and it still being not clickable). I hope it will work in the future.

Thanks a lot, best regards,

Kateryna.

• Keymaster
    (BuddyDev Team)
    Brajesh Singh on #38125

Hi Kateryna,

Thank you. I see the issue.

Please use our shortcodes(It is available on forum manage page). ACF will not understand rendering of our fields. This is something we can improve too in future.

For the time being, Please use the bbl shortcodes(or the option to append it at the bottom/top of the post) an the rendering will work.

Regards
    Brajesh

• Participant
    Kateryna on #38187
    This reply has been marked as private.
  • Keymaster
    (BuddyDev Team)
    Brajesh Singh on #38213

Hi Kateryna ,
    Thank you for the screenshots.

In fact, you are right about the links. They were as plain text and not the linked url. We will release an update tomorrow to change this behaviour. I believe I had some filter active(make_clickable) causing the link to be clickable for me.

I will post a reply after the update.

Regards
    Brajesh

• Participant
    Kateryna on #38223

It’s great. Thank you and your team.

Kateryna.

• Keymaster
    (BuddyDev Team)
    Brajesh Singh on #38312

Hi Kateryna,

Please upgrade to 1.1.1. Now, you can control the link display/behaviour on the add field page.

Regards
    Brajesh

The topic ‘ [Resolved] Buddyblog – premium version: bugs and suggestions’ is closed to new replies.

This topic is: resolved