BuddyDev

Search

Buddyblog privacy and activity featured image link

• Participant
    Level: Initiated
    trolinof on #14985

Hello,

I have one problem and one question about great Buddyblog plugin 🙂

First: I have to add a choice of privacy status for new posts (created post will be visible 1st option – only for author, or 2nd option – for everyone). I find this (https://buddydev.com/buddypress/introducing-buddyblog-allow-users-to-blog-from-their-buddypress-profile/) – example of custom fields – privacy. But for me it does not work. After creating the blog post it is still visible for everyone 🙁

Second: When user/author create new blog post from Buddyblog it also show it in author buddypress Activity page with featured image. It is possible to add a link (a href) to this image? I mean when someone click on this image in activity page, it will open this blog post? Because now there is only image without linked to post.

Thank you very much 🙂

• Participant
    trolinof on #15207

Hello guys,
    Please, no one can help me? This privacy setting depends on the whole web page startup 🙁

When I manually change in wp-admin published post status to private, it works.. Only admins and post author can see this post. But I do not know how to show this option in Buddyblog form (BP Simple Front End Post Form). https://buddydev.com/buddypress/introducing-buddyblog-allow-users-to-blog-from-their-buddypress-profile/ – example of custom fields – privacy – does not work.

Thanks again

• Keymaster
    (BuddyDev Team)
    Brajesh Singh on #15217

Hi trolinof,
    Do you want to allow the private status from the BuddyBlog plugin? If that is the case, we might be able to assist you.

Ps:- Do you want to give the users the Public|Private visibility option? We might have to update the plugin for this but it is achievable.

Regards
    Brajesh

• Participant
    trolinof on #15224

Hello Brajesh,
    thanks for your reply.

Yes, I need to add the private status option of author post to BuddyBlog frontpage / form, when user creating the post from BuddyPress profile.

Here: https://codex.wordpress.org/Post_Status#Private
    So something like this dropdown in form after title, or content.

Select post Status: Publish
                 Private

As I wrote, I found this article where is the privacy but I do not know how to implement post status dropdown. https://buddydev.com/buddypress/introducing-buddyblog-allow-users-to-blog-from-their-buddypress-profile/

Thank you very very much

• Keymaster
    (BuddyDev Team)
    Brajesh Singh on #15235

Hi,
    Thank you.

The privacy option on that page was shown as an example of custom field type and not the real visibility. Please allow me to update the plugins by 25th or before.

Thank you
    Brajesh

• Participant
    trolinof on #15304

Hello Brajesh,
    thanks for great news! I will wait, because I want that users privacy be alright with new gdpr and everything 🙂

Thank you

• Participant
    trolinof on #15681

Hello Brajesh,
    any news please? 🙁

Thank you

• Keymaster
    (BuddyDev Team)
    Brajesh Singh on #15750

Hi,
    I am sorry, I will try to have it this week but not guaranteed. Please allow me another 7-8 days and I will have it for sure.

Thank you
    Brajesh

• Participant
    trolinof on #15999

Hello Brajesh,
    I’d like to wait and then I’ll be able to run my page 🙂 I’m waiting impatiently for good news 😀
    Thank you very much

• Keymaster
    (BuddyDev Team)
    Brajesh Singh on #16008

Hi,
    We will have an update for you by this Monday.

Thank you
    Brajesh

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

This topic is: not resolved