BuddyDev

Search

[Resolved] BuddyBlog Pro: A Group Version Coming??

• Participant
    Level: Enlightened
    Known-Admin on #43753

Hello,

I need something like the BuddyBlog Pro for Groups. I am currently using the following plugins to create blog posts for groups:

* ACF Frontend Pro (to display the form to the user)
    * Advanced Custom Fields Pro (needed for some field setup)
    * Ele Custom Skin (to create the loop template to show the posts)
    * Custom plugin to auto-assign group slugs to group categories (don’t want users to see these)

I set up templates in Elementor that assign tags for different kinds of posts (blog, video, pdf).
    * I create a separate Elementor template for each type the group organizer wants to post.
    * I use the template to set up the Ele Custom Skin query to create the loop.

Although this works, it takes a lot of time on my part as the administrator to set up for each group that wants to post this kind of content. It would be nice if the group organizer could do this work.

I know that there use to be a group blog plugin but it does not seem to be available any more. Are you considering creating a GROUP BLOG version??

Thanks, Dianne
    NoN Universe Administrator

• Keymaster
    (BuddyDev Team)
    Brajesh Singh on #43792

Hi Dianne,
    Thank you for the question and sharing details.

We do have plans for this sometimes this year. Our biggest problem is having no proper way available in BuddyPress/BuddyBoss to show the posts’s recording as part of group. They are normally tied to user’s activity stream. We have been able to hack around it in past but we are hoping to have a better solution with BuddyBlog pro.

Regards
    Brajesh

• Participant
    Level: Enlightened
    Known-Admin on #43956
    This reply has been marked as private.
  • Keymaster
    (BuddyDev Team)
    Brajesh Singh on #43977

Thank you Dianne.

Regards
    Brajesh

The topic ‘ [Resolved] BuddyBlog Pro: A Group Version Coming??’ is closed to new replies.

This topic is: resolved