BuddyDev

Search

Buddyblog Pro – add/remove visibility option

• Participant
    Level: Guru
    Tosin on #51600

Hello Brajesh

ADD VISIBILITY OPTION
    1. With the recent update of the buddyblog plugin ill like to ask if you can add the post visibility option of (My Followers) using the popular buddypress follow plugin and at github. Maybe also adding the option (My Friends) only if the friendship component is active

REMOVE VISIBILITY OPTION
    2. How can I remove or disable the visibility option (Password protected). I want to replace it with (My Followers)

Thanks

• Keymaster
    Level: Yogi
    (BuddyDev Team)
    Ravi on #51604

Hello Tosin,

1. Add Visibility Option
    Thank you for the suggestion. We will check for these visibility options. We will let you know here.

2. Remove visibility Option
    Right now it is hard-coded and you can not remove it using some code. But Please wait till next weekend we will try to implement it into the plugin as it is a good feature to have as it allows the site admin to control post visibility options that will be available for the users.

Regards
    Ravi

• Keymaster
    (BuddyDev Team)
    Brajesh Singh on #51605

Hi Tosin,
    To supplement what Ravi said:-

1. We will add a filter for limiting visibility options.
    2. We won’t be able to add any custom visibility(e.g followers). The current visibility is limited to what WordPress offers and we do not have any plan to add custom behaviour as of now.

Thank you
    Brajesh

• Participant
    Tosin on #51734

Hello Brajesh

Please how is development on this alos, would you still consider the follow integration since buddypress devs are considering adding the follow plugin into buddypress core

Thanks

• Keymaster
    (BuddyDev Team)
    Brajesh Singh on #51740

Hi Tosin,
    Thank you.

I do not see a clean way to support custom visibility for posts, at least which are limited to a certain group of people. If we do so, we need to consider privacy in activity as well and BuddyPress lacks custom privacy.

It is not difficult to limit a posts visibility to certain groups, It is the other consideration that complicate it.

I am sorry but we do not plan to add any custom visibility in the plugin itself. Once BuddyPress adds follower support, we can supply you with some code to enable follower in the drop down. But marking a post as follower only will mean the activity entry for it will be set to hidden and I am not sure what will happen with the activity entry of blog comments for those posts.

Regards
    Brajesh

• Participant
    Tosin on #51766

Ok Thanks for the detailed explanation, now I understand better

• Keymaster
    (BuddyDev Team)
    Brajesh Singh on #51815

Thank you Tosin.

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

This topic is: not resolved