BuddyDev

Search

BuddyBlog Pro as Premium Feature (membership)

• Participant
    Level: Initiated
    Brandon on #36470

I am wondering if there is any way to restrict the user blog posting functionality of the BuddyBlog Pro plugin to offer it to paying members as part of a premium membership package? The BuddyPress User Blog plugin adds a dedicated page for its front-end editor at /create-new-post/ that can easily be set as a restricted page with a membership plugin, but I want to switch over to the BuddyBlog Pro. Can something similar be done with BuddyBlog Pro to make it available to members only using a membership plugin?

Also, are the media files posted in the user blogs stored in the main wp media library? I would prefer that they were stored in a dedicated photo album of the author-user’s profile (i.e. a user media library) for better media management and privacy.

• Keymaster
    (BuddyDev Team)
    Brajesh Singh on #36473

Hi Brandon,
    Thank you for the question.

1. Yes, its is very simple to do so. All membership plugins provide you a way to associate role with subscription.
    For BuddyBlog you can control all the aspects by role(who can create, who can edit, who can have the tabs, who can upload, draft , publish etc). So, you can use BuddyBlog with almost any existing membership plugin.

2. If you are using WooCommerce Membership/Subscription plugin, we are about to release Pay Per Post for it. We have already tested it and planning to release after the custom profile fields update(coming next week to add a lot more fields).

The media files are stored as part of the WP media library. We are using the core WordPress uploader, so there is not much we can do there. It is possible to change the location of the files(where they are stored in the folder using filters(hopefully)) but it will still be visible in the media library.

Regards
    Brajesh

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

This topic is: not resolved