BuddyDev

Search

[Resolved] BuddyBlog Pro/Groups – Rejections

• Participant
    Level: Master
    NikB on #49176

Hi Brajesh

I really just want to make sure I’m understanding how rejecting a post actually works. As far as I can tell, it’s as follows –

Members posts – open post in the Admin Dashboard, select “Reject” option and then Save Post as Pending. If I select “Reject” and then hit “Publish”, the post gets published despite the fact that it has a status of “rejected”. Is this correct/expected?

Group posts – on front end, Admin or Group Admin can just click “Reject” button, but the post will remain showing as “pending” if/until it is actually deleted. Is this correct/expected?

With many thanks in advance.
    Nik

• Keymaster
    (BuddyDev Team)
    Brajesh Singh on #49181

Hi Nik,
    Thank you for your question.

I am not sure if this is documented or not but if you publish a post, It will be published irrespective of approval/rejection status. Admins/editors have super powers.

Our workflow for a rejected post is to keep post status to pending.
    If you do it as group admin/site admin from front end, It will be set to pending.
    If you want to do it form backend, you will need to set status to “Pending” from post status and update.

We are not deleting the post as our assumption is users can edit and re-submit them for approval. We will delegate the status decision to site admins in future.

Hope that clarifies.

Regards
    Brajesh

• Participant
    NikB on #49182

Thank you Brajesh and that makes sense.

Obviously (at least as far as I am aware) there is currently no option to approve/reject members’ posts from the front end so these do need to be handled in the backend and therefore care does need to be taken by admins/editors NOT to publish the post when rejecting it, but as you say… admins/editors have super powers… and with super powers, comes super responsibility 😉

I will let them know accordingly and please feel free to mark this post as resolved.

Regards
    Nik

• Keymaster
    (BuddyDev Team)
    Brajesh Singh on #49183

Hi Nik,

Thank you for the reply 😀

You can allow group admins to approve/reject and then 2 links with approve/reject will appear on the posts list in group when a group admin or site admin is viewing the posts list.

Hope that helps.

Regards
    Brajesh

• Participant
    NikB on #49186

Hi Brajesh

Thank you again and yes… I know that works just great for group posts.

It was actually how to reject a user/member submitted post that caught me out, since as far as I am aware, that can only be done in the backend and it was me who changed the status to “rejected” and then saved/published the post, rather than keeping it as “pending”!

Anyway not a problem now I know… and will warn others 😉

Regards
    Nik

• Keymaster
    (BuddyDev Team)
    Brajesh Singh on #49211

Thank you Nik.

The topic ‘ [Resolved] BuddyBlog Pro/Groups – Rejections’ is closed to new replies.

This topic is: resolved