BuddyDev

Search

[Resolved] BuddyBlog Pro Groups tabs – visibility

• Participant
    Level: Master
    NikB on #47929

Hi Brajesh/Ravi

Not sure if I’m about to ask a very dumb question but is there any way of completely hiding the “Published” tab in BuddyBlog groups? With personal posts, there is effectively an “on/off” setting for visibiity but there doesn’t seem to be a similar option in the groups dashboard.

Of course, I can probably work out how to do it with code, or at the very least, restrict it to Group Admins only, but just wondering if there’s a better way I’ve missed.

Note: I did try setting visibility to “Specific groups only” and then not adding any groups, but that seemed to cause an error and didn’t solve the problem.

With many thanks in advance for your thoughts.
    Nik

• Keymaster
    (BuddyDev Team)
    Brajesh Singh on #47947

Hi Nik,
    Thank you for the question.
    I see your point. We don’t have a none option for it.

I will suggest working with scoped group(only available to some groups). I will add the option “None” in next release.

Regards
    Brajesh

• Participant
    NikB on #48219

Hi Brajesh

As I know you’re planning an update soon, is there any chance that this feature ie. a “None” option for Groups Tabs Availability ie. not only the “Published” tab (as mentioned above) but also the other tabs (eg. Draft, Pending etc) too… will be included?

With many thanks in advance.
    Nik

• Keymaster
    (BuddyDev Team)
    Brajesh Singh on #48224

Hi Nik,
    It is coming with this update.

Regards
    Brajesh

• Participant
    NikB on #48232

Thank you Brajesh. That’s great news and will look forward to the update in due course.

Regards
    Nik

• Keymaster
    (BuddyDev Team)
    Brajesh Singh on #48408

Hi Nik,
    Thank you for the patience.

Please upgrade to RC3, the “None” option is available for visibility/availability both.

Regards
    Brajesh

• Participant
    NikB on #48423

Hi Brajesh

Thank you for the update. I’ve checked this and can confirm that the “None” visibility option is available for all tabs except the main “Posts” tab. I assume the latter omission is intentional, since without additional code, the Posts tab is the default so that makes sense and I can work with that.

Many thanks again for all your efforts.

Regards
    Nik

• Keymaster
    (BuddyDev Team)
    Brajesh Singh on #48429

Hi Nik,
    Thank you for checking and confirming.

I think there is a bit confusion on where the “None” is provided.

I have not provided “None” in the top level Posts tab because that does not make sense. If you disable the top level tab, none of the sub tabs can be disabled.

I have added “None” to the “Posts” sub tab. So, you can disable it if you need. You will still need code for setting the default tab if you do that.

Regards
    Brajesh

• Participant
    NikB on #48433

Hi Brajesh

Thank you for explaining and you are right of course. Sorry was my mistake that I was looking at the top level Posts tab rather than the sub tab.

And yes, completely understand that I would need to use the code for the default tab if the Posts sub tab was disabled.

Regards
    Nik

• Keymaster
    (BuddyDev Team)
    Brajesh Singh on #48442

No issues.
    I am glad it was not an issue.

Regards
    Brajesh

The topic ‘ [Resolved] BuddyBlog Pro Groups tabs – visibility’ is closed to new replies.

This topic is: resolved