Search

BuddyBlog Pro Groups tabs

• Keymaster
    (BuddyDev Team)
    Brajesh Singh on #47237

Hi Nik,
    Thank you for the feedback.

The new updates were aimed at 2 things:-

1. The listing queries for group posts should be fixed. Thank you for confirming it.

2. We have updated the activity action string with the changes as below:-
    a. group actions will show the group name and we generate the output for group activity entry
    b. In BuddyBlog Pro, we have made a change for ‘post’ post type. Now, the generated activity will be what BuddyPress/BuddyBoss generates. There will be no difference between the activity of a post whether it is published from front end or it is published from the backend(admin dashboard).

This is the second change that you are noticing for the user posts. Please verify if it is different that the post published from the backend. If that is the case, I will update again.

Regards
    Brajesh

• Participant
    Level: Master
    NikB on #47244

Hi Brajesh

Further testing, all with new posts.

Standard post type posts – all activity entries are correct regardless of whether posts are created in the dashboard, from user profile or from group profile.

Event post type – regardless of whether posts are created in the dashboard, from user profile OR from group profile, I am getting TWO activity entries as follows –

“Nik added the event My Event Name (to the Group Name – if posted in group)”
    “Nik posted a new post”

It’s obviously the second entry above that seems to be the issue. It has no link and also refers to the entry as a “post” when it’s actually an “event”.

Checking in the bp_activity table, shows the following data for the second entry –

Component: blogs
    Type: new_event
    Action: Nik posted a new post.

Hope this helps and makes sense.
    Regards
    Nik

• Keymaster
    (BuddyDev Team)
    Brajesh Singh on #47245

Hi Nik,
    Thank you.

I will try with a new post type(event) and get back to you in next 24 hours.

Regards
    Brajesh

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

This topic is: not resolved