BuddyDev

Search

[Resolved] BuddyBlog Pro issues

Tagged: 

• Participant
    Level: Initiated
    Julia on #35328

Hey there,

and thank you for the plugin! Everything is working mostly well so far, there are just some minor issues to fix.
    I am using the BuddyBlog Pro plugin with the BuddyBoss Theme and Platform. This is what I want to fix:

1. When uploading a featured image EITHER the “Upload files” OR the “Media Library” tap is visible. They both exist but if you don’t know that the other tap is there, there is no chance to see it. You can tap on the blank space and the button works, but it’s not visible. This is the most important issue to fix as it would cause major troubles for the user because they couldn’t upload photos.
    (I am using an IMac and iPhone and the problem exists on both devices)

2. Can we change the colors of the buttons and notifications and so on (such as “set featured image”, “remove featured image”, “Unable to submit…”,…)

3. We want our user to choose if a post is private or public or visible for friends but there is no option visible when creating a post.

4. Is it possible to also display the featured image in the post? Currently the featured image is only visible in the post list. Respectively is it also possible to display an excerpt or the full content in the post list (and not only the featured image and title?)

5. Newly created forms do not appear under the “General”- “Profile Tabs” option. We can only enable “Post” once and no other created post form with a different name. We want to create more than one tab in the users profile (one with default private posts and one with default public posts) and this issue doesn’t allow that.
    And due to issue No 3 (above) users cant make posts private at all.

Thank you so much for your help and I apologize for the long message. Hope to fix these issues soon 🙂
    Thank you!
    Julia

• Keymaster
    (BuddyDev Team)
    Brajesh Singh on #35338

Hi Julia,
    Thank you for using the plugin and the feedback.

1. Please allow me to check it again with BuddyBoss theme and platform. WE are using a basic Media modal of WordPress and should have similar experience as in WordPress dashboard.

2. Sure. I will supply css.

3. The post’s privacy is not that. Post types does not have any idea about friends. We haven’t implemented any feature outside that. For now, I will suggest using a “private” post type and then marking the “Post List” screen visible to profile owner as well as Friends.

4. Yes. We have followed how the BuddyBoss theme works. Please allow me to recheck it. You can also override the templates if needed.

5. The general tab shows “Post Types”. If you need to create new post types, please use CPTUI plugin
    https://wordpress.org/plugins/custom-post-type-ui/

The forms are associated with existing post type. They will appear once you enable tab for the post types.

I will be writing back with other answers on Monday after testing with BuddyBlog.

Regards
    Brajesh

• Participant
    Julia on #35340

Hi Brajesh,

thanks for the fast and detailed reply. We’ll try to implement the suggestions you gave and are looking forward to your message on Monday 🙂

Have a great weekend and regards!
    Julia

• Participant
    Julia on #35482

Hi,

Your suggestion for question No. 5 has worked out perfectly. Thank you!!!

Any news regarding the other questions?

Thank you!!! You are doing an amazing job 🙂
    Julia

• Keymaster
    (BuddyDev Team)
    Brajesh Singh on #35522

Hi Julia,
    Thank you got the patience.

1. It was a bug, I have fixed and It will be available in our next release(within 48 hours).
    2. Here are some example css, Please feel free to adapt.

.bblpro-form-wrapper #postimagediv a{
    	background-color: red;
    }
    .bblpro-form-wrapper #postimagediv #remove-post-thumbnail{
    	background-color:green;
    }

You can also use chrome developer tools to find the selector and apply custom styles.

4. For Me, it is working on both the screens(list and single). Where is the single post displayed(on the user’s profile or in the site’s post archive).

Please let me know and I will assist further.

Thank you
    Brajesh

• Participant
    Scdc2021 on #35753

Hello. I downloaded the plugin. A new post type is created, but it doesn’t work. What to set? It appears in the options, I set it up in buddyblog, but it doesn’t upload an image, nor does the new fields + be created in the post.

• Keymaster
    (BuddyDev Team)
    Brajesh Singh on #35756

Hi @Scdc2021
    You are not using BuddyBlog Pro. BuddyBlog and BuddyBlog Pro are different software.

Please open a new topic for BuddyBlog and we will assist.

Regards
    Brajesh

• Keymaster
    (BuddyDev Team)
    Brajesh Singh on #35834

Hi Julia,
    I am sorry for the delayed reply.

Have pushed the update with the fix for upload tab.

Regards
    Brajesh

• Participant
    Julia on #36144

Hi Brajesh,
    sorry for my delayed reply as well!
    I have updated the plugin and the upload/ media tab works perfectly now! Thank you!

I have also resolved the problem with the featured image which was a mistake on my side! sorry for that!

Regards
    Julia

• Keymaster
    (BuddyDev Team)
    Brajesh Singh on #36152

Hi Julia,
    Thank you for the reply.
    I am glad the issues are resolved.

Regards
    Brajesh

The topic ‘ [Resolved] BuddyBlog Pro issues’ is closed to new replies.

This topic is: resolved