BuddyDev

Search

BuddyBlog Pro maybe(?)

• Participant
    Level: Master
    NikB on #45383

Hi there… I’m looking for a way to allow group owners (only) to add a blog to their groups. Can BuddyBlog Pro handle this scenario or if not, do you have any recommendations with regard to an approach.

Note: I did also check out your “Blog Categories for Groups” plugin which looked as if it might work until I realised that (at least as far as I can see) that depends on Admin addding the relevant categories so not quite what is required on this occasion.

With many thanks in advance for any thoughts.
    Nik

• Keymaster
    (BuddyDev Team)
    Brajesh Singh on #45391

Hi Nik,
    Thank you for the question.
    At the moment, BuddyBlog Pro is not able to hadle content creation for groups.

Regards
    Brajesh

• Participant
    NikB on #45397

Thank you again Brajesh although that’s a shame…

Given that content creation is such a fundamental part of WordPress, I’m actually quite surprised how hard it’s proving to find a plugin that handles this for Buddypress groups. Maybe I’ll have to have a go at writing something myself… and/or maybe I’ll find there are challenges involved that will explain why others haven’t 😉

Regards
    Nik

• Keymaster
    (BuddyDev Team)
    Brajesh Singh on #45415

Hi Nik,
    Thanbk you for the reply.

For us, adding the tab and form is not an issue at all. we have done it in past and it is easy to achieve. The problem is correctly linking post activity to group without too much hack. we were able to link the post activity to group but that feels way much hacky and our goal has been to avoid fragile code.

That’s the reason behind this.

Regards
    Brajesh

• Participant
    NikB on #45421

Thank you Brajesh and your thoughts do help. The (non-Buddypress) site my client is currently using requires that users post all their content (blog posts, events) within their chosen group and I’ve been attempting to replicate that but I’m staring to realise that (for the reasons you mention, amongst others) it may be necessary to “re-educate” users to post via their personal profiles and/or then provide a way of associating posts with a group where possible…

Thank you for helping me think things through 😉

• Keymaster
    (BuddyDev Team)
    Brajesh Singh on #45427

Thank you for the reply.

It is always a pleasure.

Regards
    Brajesh

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

This topic is: not resolved