BuddyDev

Search

[Resolved] BuddyBlog Pro Medium Editor

Tagged: 

• Participant
    Level: Enlightened
    Nick on #39769

Hi Brajesh,

Has there been any progress on the Medium editor that you mentioned a couple months ago? I see there was an update to the plugin, but I don’t believe the medium editor is an option yet.

Thanks!

• Keymaster
    (BuddyDev Team)
    Brajesh Singh on #39773

Hi Nick,
    Thank you.

The Medium Editor is a separate sub plugin for BuddyBlog Pro. We did not release yet as we are working on the documentation/blog post. I can share a copy with you today if that helps. Please let me know your email(should I use the one from your account?) and I will share.

PS:- Just to be clear, we were expecting the release around 2nd/3rd week of June and not couple of months ago.

Regards
    Brajesh

• Participant
    Nick on #39776

Thanks for the info! That would be great if you could share it via my account’s email address!

• Keymaster
    (BuddyDev Team)
    Brajesh Singh on #39787

Hi Nick,
    Thank you.

I have shared the plugin with you now.

Please activate it. After that, when you create a text are afield(or post content/excerpt), you will get the option to use MediumEditor.

Regards
    Brajesh

• Participant
    Nick on #39789

Thanks! I like it a lot so far.

Some observations and suggestions:

– H2 and H3 buttons are blank. I only know what they are because of the tooltip
    – The tooltip for Ordered List needs to be capitalized
    – I think the link button should be renamed from “anchor”, which I (and most people) don’t understand
    – I think it is necessary to have a button for adding images. The Add Media button that is present for the other editors does not show up with this one
    – I assume you are using this editor package https://github.com/yabwe/medium-editor. Is it possible for us to leverage the various extensions that it offers? Some of them look very useful
    – I see that there are over 20 buttons available, so the ability to customize the toolbar buttons ourselves would be nice
    – A way to see/learn and even set the keyboard shortcuts would be helpful. Perhaps this would just be in your documentation page, but if there was a plugin settings page it could be there as well.

Thanks again!

• Keymaster
    (BuddyDev Team)
    Brajesh Singh on #39793

Hi Nick,
    Thank you for the feedback.

Please share a screenshot. It is most probably theme’s stylesheet conflicting and causing the button issue.

– H2 and H3 buttons are blank:-

We are using Font Awesome for the icons. is there any chance that it is not being loaded from cdn? That may explain the reason for some icons not appearing. Here is a screenshot showing it in action.

https://i.imgur.com/DPt6vsI.png

-The tooltip for Ordered List needs to be capitalized

Thank you. It was a typo on our end. We have fixed it.

-I think the link button should be renamed from “anchor”, which I (and most people) don’t understand

We use the icon for the link. The plugin allows you to translate the tooltip.

– I think it is necessary to have a button for adding images. The Add Media button that is present for the other editors does not show up with this one

It is already there. The medium editor does not work like traditional tinymce. We have the buttons for image and video both. Please take a look.
    https://i.imgur.com/854RWjJ.png

– I assume you are using this editor package https://github.com/yabwe/medium-editor. Is it possible for us to leverage the various extensions that it offers? Some of them look very useful

Yes, that’s right. we are already using the mediumInsert plugin and TC Mention for adding media and allowing auto complete of the user being mentioned.

I see that there are over 20 buttons available, so the ability to customize the toolbar buttons ourselves would be nice

Probably. We will be adding a filter for people who are technical enough to change it as they please.

A way to see/learn and even set the keyboard shortcuts would be helpful. Perhaps this would just be in your documentation page, but if there was a plugin settings page it could be there as well.

Thank you. We will consider adding it or pointing to the Medium editor page for the same.

Regards
    Brajesh

• Participant
    Nick on #39795

Here is a screenshot of the H2/H3 issue with all plugins deactivated except for BuddyBlog, BBlog Medium, and BuddyBoss Platform. There is also a screenshot of the HTML which shows that H2 and H3 have a <b> element whereas the otehrs are <i class=”fa…”

https://imgur.com/a/BbQHIfv

I now see how to add photos and videos, thanks! One suggestion – add some whitespace between the cursor and the “+” button.

I’ll have to experiment a bit, but perhaps the default WordPress upload is better – you can set sizes etc… I assume that I would have to stick to TinyMCE for this?

My point about the extensions and button customization is that it might be useful for many people if you’re able to offer us the ability to customize these things from the WP Admin instead of via code. Just an idea.

Thanks again for your help.

• Keymaster
    (BuddyDev Team)
    Brajesh Singh on #39798

Hi Nick,
    Thank you for the screenshot.

you definitely have something which is stopping the font awesome from being loaded. Please check your network tab as well as console to see if there is any error.

We will keep improving the experience for both of these editor. Tinymce will remain our default choice but there have been many requests in past for the MediumEditor, so we have put it for anyone needing it.

Thank you for the suggestion about giving option in admin for button, sure, we will be adding it but not in the initial release.

Thank you again for all the feedback. I sincerely appreciate it. They will be helpful in releasing the plugin.

Regards
    Brajesh

• Participant
    Nick on #39800

There doesn’t appear to be any errors. This is from your “medium-editor-field-type.js” file… Unless I’m missing something, the problem is here:

{
                            name: 'anchor',
                            aria: BuddyBlog_Pro.Medium_Editor.buttons.labels.anchor,
                            contentDefault: '<i class="fa fa-link"></i>'
                        },
                        {
                            name: 'h2',
                            aria: BuddyBlog_Pro.Medium_Editor.buttons.labels.h2
                        },
                        {
                            name: 'h3',
                            aria: BuddyBlog_Pro.Medium_Editor.buttons.labels.h3
                        },
                        {
                            name: 'orderedlist',
                            aria: BuddyBlog_Pro.Medium_Editor.buttons.labels.orderedList,
                            contentDefault: '<i class="fa fa-list-ol"></i>'

My pleasure with the feedback. Keep up the great work!

• Participant
    Level: Guru
    Tosin on #39822
    This reply has been marked as private.

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

This topic is: resolved