• Participant
    Level: Master
    NikB on #49201
    This reply has been marked as private.
  • Participant
    NikB on #49202

Hi Brajesh

As always, thank you for your prompt reply and I do understand that these changes are for BuddyBlog Groups only.

1. Thank you for the correction and that makes sense.

2. I did think I caught sight of the new filter but hadn’t had time to test it myself. That looks perfect and will work for my purposes.

3. Sorry, I realised I didn’t explain my comment about admin and/or editor permissions very well and/or what I was hoping to achieve so to clarify –

The site has a couple of users with the role of “editor”, who are allowed to publish/edit any/all posts throughout the site. Obviously, they can do this in the backend, but also using the BuddyBlog Groups interface from within a group, even if they are not a member of that group. In order to allow them to publish in a group (without requiring approval), I have used the bblpro_default_post_status_for_user and set it to “publish” for those with the role of editor.

This works well for both BuddyBlog Pro and BuddyBlog Groups insofar as their posts are published immediately, and by using this code…

/**
     * Skip notification on post submit
     * @param null    $skip_notify  Need to notify or not.
     * @param WP_Post $post         Post object.
     * @param int     $form_id      Form id.
     * @return mixed
     */
    function buddydev_skip_post_submit_notification( $skip_notify, $post, $form_id ) {

if ( 'publish' === bblpro_get_default_post_status_for_user( get_current_user_id(), $form_id, $post->ID ) ) {
    		$skip_notify = true;
    	}

return $skip_notify;
    }
    add_filter( 'bblpro_pre_handle_post_submission_admin_notification', 'buddydev_skip_post_submit_notification', 10, 3 ); 
    add_filter( 'bblpro_pre_handle_post_submission_author_notification', 'buddydev_skip_post_submit_notification', 10, 3 );

I can stop the notifications for personal posts however, they’re still getting sent out for group posts.

As you mention there is now a filter – bblpro_groups_post_submission_notify_author – I can use this to prevent the author notification that gets sent out when an editor adds a post. Now I just need to find a way to prevent the admin and group admin notifications from getting sent out. If there were similar filters for these, within BuddyBlog Groups, that would be very helpful.

Regards
    Nik

• Keymaster
    (BuddyDev Team)
    Brajesh Singh on #49204

Hi Nik,
    Thank you.
    I will be working on the next release and will push it by this Friday. I can take all of your issues but due to a large thread I have almost lost the track.

Can you please create 2 topics( 1 for BuddyBlog Pro and one for BuddyBlog Groups) and specify the following:-
    1. Your goals with it.
    2. features/fixes needed to achieve those goals
    3. custom code being used
    4. anything else that you consider important. If you can put it by day tomrrow(Thursday), I will push the updates on Friday.

Thank you
    Brajesh

• Participant
    NikB on #49205

Hi Brajesh

My apologies if in trying to cover all scenarios, I have managed to over-complicate things.

I think with your assistance, I am now able to achieve everything I need to achieve with BuddyBlog Pro, but there are just a couple of tweaks to BuddyBlog Groups that would great to see (if possible) and I will start a fresh post about those as suggested.

Regards
    Nik

• Keymaster
    (BuddyDev Team)
    Brajesh Singh on #49210

Hi Nik,
    Thank you.
    There was no issue with your questions. No need to apologise for it.

I am going to look at your new topic for the same now.

Regards
    Brajesh

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

This topic is: not resolved