BuddyDev

Search

BuddyBlog Pro Posts Layout – 2

• Keymaster
    (BuddyDev Team)
    Brajesh Singh on #47077

Hi Nik,
    Thank you.

The events manages does have complex hooks but it is not helpful for us in case you are referring to action.

This plugin manages one known post type with group/user context(we do that with MediaPress) and it is easy to customize the actions as you have a a callback(action generator) which know the context.

In case of BuddyBlog Pro, we have a single callback function for generation of action string for all of the post types. There could be any number of post types with one or 2 context. So, that’s a very different issue. Also, BuddyPress/BuddyBoss has a way to forcefully attach their own settings for ‘post’ post type.

I fact, the solution was to move away from letting BuddyPress/BuddyBoss manage the settings for post post type and then making the callback aware of group/user context.

I will be publishing the update for BuddBlog Pro with fixed action string in 1-2 days after the holidays here.

Regards
    Brajesh

• Participant
    Level: Master
    NikB on #47083

Hi Brajesh

I think I understand at least most of what you’re saying and it makes sense 😉

I’ll look forward to hearing further from you once the holidays are over.

Regards
    Nik

• Participant
    NikB on #47147

Hi Brajesh

I hope you enjoyed the holidays and just wondered if you’d had a chance to look into this more yet. It’s proving quite a problem for me right now and do need to find some way to fix as soon as possible.

With very many thanks in advance.
    Nik

• Keymaster
    (BuddyDev Team)
    Brajesh Singh on #47156

Hi Nik,
    Thank you for the reply.
    we are back to work now and I will be assisting you with this one as well as the Activity action string issue in next 2-3 days.

Regards
    Brajesh

• Participant
    NikB on #47157

Thank you so much Brajesh. That’s great news and will look forward to hearing from you.

• Participant
    NikB on #47233

Hi again Brajesh

Despite the recent updates, the user events tab is still showing ALL events by that user (including group events) and the group events tab is showing ALL events by all users and posted in all groups.

I’m not sure if you were suggesting the recent update should have fixed this or whether I still need to apply an additional filter somehow and if so, I’d be very grateful if yoou could point me in the right direction as suggested above.

With very many thanks in advance and sorry for several messages, I just really need to get things working as quickly as possible now.

Nik

• Keymaster
    (BuddyDev Team)
    Brajesh Singh on #47234

Hi Nik,
    Thank you for the feedback.

This is either a bug nor an issue with BuddyBlog Pro and I haven’t added anything for it.

It is an issue with event manager filtering the query of their post type and I had mentioned that i would look into their code to see if you can disable their filtering.

You can register a new post type and see that everything should work as expected.

Regards
    Brajesh

• Participant
    NikB on #47235

Hi Brajesh

Thank you for getting back to me so quickly and I do appreciate it’s not BuddyBlog Pro that is at fault here.

As you say, you did mention that you might be able to look into the Event Manager code to see if it’s possible to disable the filtering and I’d be hugely grateful if you could possibly find the time to do that as I’ve had a look myself and only seem to be going round in circles.

Alternatively, if it’s really not possible to disable the Event Manager filtering altogether, is there a way of ADDING another filter to the Buddyblog Pro tabs in which I could override the Event Manager filtering?

With very many thanks again for any thoughts… I really do appreciate it.
    Regards
    Nik

• Keymaster
    (BuddyDev Team)
    Brajesh Singh on #47236

Hi Nik,
    You are welcome.

I am sorry, I haven’t been able to find time to look into it. EM is a large plugin and I need couple of hours to look into it.

A quicker solution for now would be to approach them and ask if there is anyway you can use custom WP_Query to list event posts(with the filters you are trying to apply/remove).

If you can share their suggestion, That will help me assist you better.

Regards
    Brajesh

• Participant
    NikB on #47240

Hi Brajesh

Thank you again.

Based on what you said, I’ve just done a bit of research myself and it looks as if possibly there is a filter ’em_content_pre’ which may work the way you suggest.

There are some more details here… https://wp-events-plugin.com/tutorials/create-custom-event-information-pages/

If I’m understanding correctly, I would need to check if the relevant tab is being loaded and then use that to apply a filter accordingly.

Does that sound as if I’m on the right track?

Regards
    Nik

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

This topic is: not resolved