BuddyDev

Search

[Resolved] BuddyBlog Pro: Pre-Sales Question

• Participant
    Level: Enlightened
    Known-Admin on #43754

Hello,

I’m still debating whether to add blogs to individual Member profiles. I have only a couple of people who I think would benefit at the moment, but that could change.

I reviewed both of the videos you posted. Because you used the Admin account to show what posting looks like, I didn’t get a feel for what a normal user might experience in a BuddyBoss environment:

* I do NOT want ALL Members to be able to create blogs/blog posts. I might have to create a new role.
    * I want the Member to decide who can and cannot view their posts (My Connections vs. All Members)
    * What will Connections (Friends) be able to see? Will the content be viewable from:
    * The My Connections Activity timeline
    * A profile tab (requiring the visitor to open the Member’s profile and select a tab)
    * Other??
    * Can I create a shortcode to place the blog post on a different page? I think it would be nice to have the latest post or a special post on the Member dashboard for those who are connected to the person posting the blog.

Is it possible for you to create another video that shows what VISITORS to the blog might see based upon some of the settings the Admin and Member set?

Thanks, Dianne
    NoN Universe Administrator

• Participant
    Level: Enlightened
    Known-Admin on #43957

Hello, I’m going to go ahead and mark this as resolved. I just don’t think I’m ready to allow my Members to create their own personal blogs — at least not yet.

Thank you for always creating incredible plugins.

NoN Universe Administrator

• Keymaster
    (BuddyDev Team)
    Brajesh Singh on #43978

Hi Dianne,
    Thank you.,
    I missed to reply your questions.

Here is for future reference:-

1. BuddyBlog Pro Allows you to limit who can create/edit/publish posts and have it on their profile as tab(role based restrictions).

2. You can allow users to have a private or public posts. No other privacy is supported.

3. Connections visibility depends on post privacy. There is no friends only privacy available though.

4. The BuddyBlog Pro posts are normal WordPress posts(or custom post types) and you can use any shortcode available for WordPress(or via a 3rd party plugin/theme) to list these generated contents.

We will be adding more documentation in future to help clarify.

Thank you
    Brajesh

• Participant
    Level: Initiated
    Didier on #45681

Hi,

Regarding the point 3, do you plan to add the ability to restrict access to blog to “connections” only (using a friend only privacy) ?

Ps : I do use Buddyboss.

Thanks

• Keymaster
    (BuddyDev Team)
    Brajesh Singh on #45696

Hi Didier,
    Thank you for using the plugin.

Please allow us to explore it and get back to you by next week.

Thank you
    Brajesh

• Participant
    Level: Guru
    Tosin on #45778

this would really be an awesome feature.

privacy support for the follow plugin would also be cool

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

This topic is: resolved