BuddyDev

Search

buddyblog pro: share to friends only?

• Participant
    Level: Initiated
    Mayzfieldtv on #41716

Is there a way to set the privacy to friends only in buddyblog?
    Also, does it work with mycred buddypress charges addon so the reader will need to subscribe to the author’s buddyboss/buddypress profile to see their blogs?

• Keymaster
    (BuddyDev Team)
    Brajesh Singh on #41717

Hi,
    Thank you for the question.

1. BuddyBlog does not allow setting privacy for posts.

I have no idea about how the mycred addon works but if that limits access to the profile, then you can use it in conjunction with that. In that case, I will recommend using a private post type for the user generated content. That will make the posts visible only on user profile and not in the default archive page.

Regards
    Brajesh

• Participant
    Level: Initiated
    Mayzfieldtv on #41735

Ok, that’s what I wanted. So private buddyblog posts aren’t like me setting posts as private in the wp admin? So if the author sets it as private, other users can still see the post but it will only show up on their profile, right?

• Keymaster
    (BuddyDev Team)
    Brajesh Singh on #41736

Hi,
    The behaviour is same as you set the “Private” option in dashboard.

My suggestion was about “Private Post Type”, This is a feature in WordPress that allows you to create custom post types and mark them as private.
    https://wordpress.org/support/article/post-types/

What you are referring is the post attribute(which you can enable from BuddyBlog settings for user). If you enable this and a user marks a post as private, It is treated in the same way as you do in the WordPress dashboard.

Regards
    Brajesh

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

This topic is: not resolved