BuddyDev

Search

BuddyBlog Pro – Use preexisting Custom Fields

• Participant
    Level: Initiated
    Christian Kloewer on #46108

I’m using a custom post type, with custom fields, is it possible to access those fields in the BuddyBlog Pro frontend editing form?

I know that I can create my own custom fields within BuddyBlog Pro, but I need to make use of the already existing custom fields I created in my own custom post type set up with Toolset (https://toolset.com/).

• Keymaster
    (BuddyDev Team)
    Brajesh Singh on #46110

Hi Christian,
    Thank you for the question.

The answer depends on which field types you are using and how that plugin stores data. since BuddyBlog as well as that plugin stores data in post meta, it is always a possibility to map them if we have similar field types.

We don’t have access to the Toolset plugin, so we lack the ability to check. Does that plugin have a free version available somewhere to allow us check it?

Thank you
    Brajesh

• Participant
    Christian Kloewer on #46116

It should probably work the same way as ACF, CMB2 or MetaBox (https://metabox.io/) – could you give me a pointer how to do it with one of these?

The fields I’m talking about, are select dropdowns.

• Participant
    Christian Kloewer on #46118

So far, I managed to work around that, by using a MetaBox frontend editing form.

In de BuddyBlog Pro Settings, I set the Post Creation page to a page with a MetaBox frontend form.

There is an option in BuddyBlog Pro: “Make single post viewable on profile?” – is it possible to also make this option for the edit form? Maybe with a code snippet?

• Keymaster
    (BuddyDev Team)
    Brajesh Singh on #46131

Hi Christian,
    Thank you.

Our team will chekc metabox this week and we will get back to you.

In the mean time, what are the things you need our assistance?

1. Make single post viewable on profile? option:- I am assuming that you want some of the posts to appear on profile while not others?

We use a meta ‘_is_buddyblog_post’. Please set it’s value to 1 for the post and make sure the
    option”Should tab post lists show only the posts created by BuddyBlog(front end)?” is enabled.

Regards
    Brajesh

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

This topic is: not resolved