BuddyDev

Search

BuddyBlog – Rank Math SEO – Post Titles Issue – Plugin Conflict?

Tagged: ,

• Participant
    Level: Enlightened
    John B on #37736

I know that you cannot troubleshot someone else’s plugin, but I wanted to see if you know why this issue is happening.

I recently installed the Rank Math SEO plugin. It works great, with the exception of one thing. All of the Blog Post Titles appear as the following.

Post Title – Posts – Blog – Author Name – Site Name

I would prefer that the Post Title appears as the following for SEO purposes.

Post Title – Author Name

I have went into the Post Title settings for the Rank Math plugin and set everything correctly but it still appears as shown above. I contacted Rank Math tech support and they are unable to figure it out.

Do you know if your plugin does something different or special when it comes to WordPress Blog Posts or do you think that the Rank Math plugin is simply not compatible with BuddyPress?

Thx

• Keymaster
    (BuddyDev Team)
    Brajesh Singh on #37772

Hi John,
    I can see the reason.

Rank Math will not treat BuddyBlog single post as it appears on user profile(I am expecting this is what you have enabled).

Please allow us 2-3 days to look into it and see if we can add some kind of compatibility with Rank Math when post on profile is enabled.

Regards
    Brajesh

• Participant
    Level: Enlightened
    John B on #37812

Here is an example URL for my site.

https://gn95.com/jcrb/blog/posts/gn95-spring-2021-update/

As you’ll see, the Page Title is as followed.

Blog Name – Posts – Blog – Author – Site Name.

Thx

• Keymaster
    (BuddyDev Team)
    Brajesh Singh on #37857

Hi John,
    As far as i see, you have the user blog’s permalink based on user url, so Rank Math will not understand it.

Regards
    Brajesh

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

This topic is: not resolved