BuddyDev

Search

[Resolved] BuddyBlog Redirect

• Participant
    Level: Master
    NikB on #50939

Hi Brajesh

I have BuddyBlog set up so that when a user submits a post, they are redirected to a custom url ie.

Redirect users after submission is set to “Custom URL” – “mywebsite/members/me/blog/pending/”

This was all working fine up until fairly recently, but for some reason the redirection has stopped working which means that when a user clicks on the “Submit” button, despite the fact that the post IS actually submitted successfully, nothing appears to happen.

I don’t suppose you have any idea why the redirection might have stopped working?

With many thanks in advance.
    Nik

• Keymaster
    (BuddyDev Team)
    Brajesh Singh on #50950

Hi Nik,
    I am sorry for the experience.

Please open your network panel while submitting and check the redirection.
    My assumption is it is not BuddyBlog but something else is preventing it.

Please let me know what do you see there.

Regards
    Brajesh

• Participant
    NikB on #50953

Hi Brajesh

Thank you for getting back to me and I suspect you may well be right that something is interfering with the redirection.

I’m not very familiar with the network panel but if I’m reading correctly, it looks a if there may be an issue with wp-admin/admin-ajax.php which is returning 503. Does that sound likely?

With many thanks again.
    Nik

• Keymaster
    (BuddyDev Team)
    Brajesh Singh on #50958

HI Nik,
    Thank you.
    The 503 error could be caused by many reason.

My guess is some code is throwing notice/error. Please check your server error log(normally it is in web server’ error log, eg. Apache or nginx log)

Please let me know the error message.

Regards
    Brajesh

• Participant
    NikB on #51126

Hi Brajesh

My apologies for not getting back on this one sooner. I did some more investigation of my own and, as I think we both suspected, it turns out that the issue was being caused by another unrelated plugin.

Thank you for your patience with this and sorry for troubling you. Please feel free to close this ticket.

Regards
    Nik

• Keymaster
    (BuddyDev Team)
    Brajesh Singh on #51128

Thank you Nick.
    I am glad it was not directly related to BuddyBlog Pro.

Have a great day!

Regards
    Brajesh

The topic ‘ [Resolved] BuddyBlog Redirect’ is closed to new replies.

This topic is: resolved