BuddyDev

Search

[Resolved] BuddyBlog – Set Featured Image Button Issue

• Participant
    Level: Enlightened
    John B on #27119

When creating a new blog post, the Set Featured Image button does not disappear after selecting an image. How would I go about making the a#set-post-thumbnail.thickbox button disappear once an image is selected?

https://photos.app.goo.gl/VZ53FtyxH9k23tNp7

Thx

• Keymaster
    (BuddyDev Team)
    Brajesh Singh on #27120

Hi John,
    You may use css to hide it.

My I ask why you need to hide the box. Isn’t that expected behaviour to show the image as selected ?

Regards
    Brajesh

• Participant
    John B on #27138

This image may illustrate the issue a little better.

https://photos.app.goo.gl/MK5DVjqvJ632biAH8

When creating a new blog post, the Set Header Image button appears. Once I upload an image, I would assume that the featured image would appear, and the Set Header Image button would go away. Its not. As soon as an image is uploaded, the Set Header Image button remains visible even though its no longer needed.

As you can see in the attached photo, the orange Set Header Image button is still visible under the featured image. I’ve tried to hide the button, but its tied into the element and ends up hiding the button and the uploaded image.

Is it normal for the Featured Image button to remain on the screen even after you’ve selected an image? I would assume the button is no longer needed and would disappear.

Is there a way to hide the button once a featured image has been selected?

Thx

• Keymaster
    (BuddyDev Team)
    Brajesh Singh on #27149

Hi John,
    Thank you.

That is not normal.

I am not sure why it is appearing below your title and why is it named “Set Header”, It should have been featured image.

Are you using any customization with BuddyBlog? or any 3rd party plugin that allows front end editing?

Regards
    Brajesh

• Participant
    John B on #27156

I see what the issue is now.

When applying styling to a#set-post-thumbnail.thickbox which is the Set Feature Image button, the styles do not disappear once the featured image appears.

I just need to find another way to style the Set Featured Image button.

Thx

• Keymaster
    (BuddyDev Team)
    Brajesh Singh on #27162

Hi John,
    Thank you.
    It’s good to know.

Please try not changing the display/visibility properties and that should hep with making the button invisible.

Regards
    Brajesh

• Participant
    Level: Initiated
    charles dewlonse on #27295

1. how can I limit the upload size for users in buddyblog ?
    2. can you restrict file type like prevent upload of videos in buddyblog
    3. in the next update can you change the upload form so that individual users can not see their files in media library.

• Keymaster
    (BuddyDev Team)
    Brajesh Singh on #27302

Hi Charles,
    Welcome to BuddyDev.

1. We do not have a way to do it. If you limit your WordPress default upload size, that will aplly to the BuddyBlog too.

2. I am sorry but currently there is no way. We are using the WordPress uploader, so the restrictions needs to applied on that. We may implement something in future.

3. We may be able to do it. I will explore a bit and see that it does not prevent showing current upload in the list. We can add a filter to enable it then.

PS:- In future, Please open a new topic for discussion. That will help us organize the forums better.

Thank you
    Brajesh

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

This topic is: resolved