Search

[Resolved] BuddyBlog shows "Uncategorized" when using tags

Tagged: 

• Participant
    Level: Initiated
    Gibby on #8985

Hello

This plugin is awesome and i am testing it

When I view the blog page I see “Uncategorized” on the blog page after the date

I have selected “tags” so I should not see this i think

Thanks

• Participant
    Gibby on #8986

I am unsure about this:

If you enable taxonomy, please make sure to save the form twice, first time selecting the post type( if you choose a custom post type) and 2nd time, the form shows the proper taxonomies associated with that post type, so select those taxonomies.

The second time – I don’t see anything to select?

Thanks

• Keymaster
    (BuddyDev Team)
    Brajesh Singh on #9005

Hi Gibby,
    Thank you for posting.

Are you using BuddyBlog to allow users create content in a new post type. If you are using it for blogging, you don’t have to worry about that setting.(You will see the check boxes like Category, tags, Post Format etc).

About Uncategorized, WordPress will always assign a category. The Uncategorized is the default category. That’s why you are seeing it.

• Participant
    Scooter on #40929

Hi, I have this same problem. When I create a new post it automatically creates the category as “Uncategorized”. I cannot see any way to change the category, or to create a new category. You say WordPress will always assign a category, what does this mean? It says “Uncategorized” by default with no way to change.

• Keymaster
    Level: Yogi
    (BuddyDev Team)
    Ravi on #40934

Hello Gibby,

Thank you for asking. WordPress has a default post’s category with the name “Uncategorized”. You can edit this category or create new categories under Posts > Categories in the admin section. Please take a look and let me know.

Regards
    Ravi

• Keymaster
    (BuddyDev Team)
    Brajesh Singh on #40944

Hi @Scooter,
    In case of BuddyBlog, Please follow the steps suggested by Ravi.

In case of BuddyBlog Pro, the default term can be selected from the form admin screen.

In both the cases, you will need to create the categories/terms from WordPress dashboard.

Regards
    Brajesh

• Participant
    Scooter on #40945

Brilliant, thanks. I’ve added some new categories now.

• Participant
    Scooter on #40946

Just wondering also how to edit the “Blog” page? If I go to “Blog” page in edit mode under “Pages” in WordPress it just shows a blank page with the title “Blog”, that’s all. I don’t understand how I edit what the posts page looks like, it seems to be automatically generated.

• Keymaster
    (BuddyDev Team)
    Brajesh Singh on #40958

Hi,
    Thank you for the reply.
    Do you want to edit the site’s blog page or the user profile’s blog page?

Regards
    Brajesh

• Participant
    Scooter on #40960

Hello Brajesh,

I would be pleased to know how to do both, if you don’t mind helping please.

Thanks

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

This topic is: resolved