BuddyDev

Search

BuddyBlog – Suggestion – Visibility – Public/Private – Add Friends Only

• Participant
    Level: Enlightened
    John B on #26974

When creating a new blog post, the user has 2 options under Visibility – Public or Private.

It’d be nice to see an addition option added here to make blog posts available for Friends Only. Currently when a user creates a new blog post the title, date, featured image and excerpt appear on the blog (mysite.com/blog) even when the user has selected to make their profile hidden from the Internet.

If the user has selected the option to allow Friends Only to see their Profile and Friends List, it’d be nice if they were also given the ability to create blog posts that only their friends could see.

I love all your plugins! BuddyBlog is awesome!! Thanks for all you do for the BP community. 🙏

• Keymaster
    (BuddyDev Team)
    Brajesh Singh on #26982

Hi John,
    Thank you for the question.

The visibility you see there is what the default WordPress offers. I am not sure how easy it will be to implement a friends only visibility in the global feed.

It is not difficult to do that if the post lists of a user are restricted to their profile(not using default post type ‘post’).

BuddyBlog is currently a simple plugin that allows creating content what WordPress offers(with classic editor) in the backend

I will explore the friends visibility in future.

Regards
    Brajesh

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

This topic is: not resolved