BuddyDev

Search

BuddyBoss Groups shows User Name not Anonymous – BuddyPress Anonymous Activity

• Participant
    Level: Initiated
    Kev on #34818

Hello, I purchased your “BuddyPress Anonymous Activity” plugin some time back and I am now looking to implement this into my site. I am using the BuddyBoss theme and Platform and while some parts of your plugin works it is not working inside groups as it shows the User Name rather than Anonymous. I wonder if you are aware of this and if there is a fix that I can implement to sort theissue.

• Keymaster
    (BuddyDev Team)
    Brajesh Singh on #34819

Hi Kev,
    Thank you for using the plugin.

The Anonymous Activity plugin is not compatible with BuddyBoss platform. All our BuddyBoss compatible plugins have the compatibility data available on their pages(we have added a ‘supports’ meta field).

If you have bought it within 30 days, Please let me know and we will issue the refund. We have worked on the BuddyBoss compatibility for this plugin and there are parts where BuddyBoss has hard coded information which is making it difficult to add compatibility.

We will give it one more shot and see if the new version of the platform has changed it. I will inform you on 15th about this.

Regards
    Brajesh

• Participant
    Kev on #34831

Hi Brajesh, Thanks for the reply. Sorry its been more than 30 days since purchase but I havent had a chance to implement until now. Please do your best with compatibility and see how you go. Thanks

• This reply was modified 3 years, 4 months ago by Kev.
  • Keymaster
    (BuddyDev Team)
    Brajesh Singh on #34841

Thank you Kev.

We will update you soon about the same.

Regards
    Brajesh

• Participant
    Kev on #34952

Hi Brajesh, sorry but any word on it now working inside of BuddyBoss groups and general BuddyBoss intergration?

Thank you

• Keymaster
    (BuddyDev Team)
    Brajesh Singh on #34966

Hi Kev,
    As per @ravisharma, we should be able to release an update for BuddyBoss next week. We won’t be putting any guarantee about the future as BuddyBoss’s changes have been a bit chaotic recently.

Regards
    Brajesh

• Participant
    Kev on #35016

Hi Brajesh, Thank you I look forward to the update and hope that it works. If BuddyBoss changes or updates, are you saying that you would not update the feature again in future?

• Keymaster
    (BuddyDev Team)
    Brajesh Singh on #35032

Hi Kev,
    Thank you.

The update will be available tomorrow.
    Our future action will depend on what BuddyBoss changes and if they allow any flexibility for us to filter the content or not.
    We are willing to support it as long as their plugin does not make it very difficult.

Regards
    Brajesh

• Keymaster
    (BuddyDev Team)
    Brajesh Singh on #35082

Hi Kev,
    Please upgrade to the latest version. We released it 2 days ago. I am sorry, I forgot to reply here.

Please give it a try and let me know if it works for you or not?

Regards
    BrRajesh

• Participant
    Kev on #35326

Hi Brajesh,

Thanks for your last message.

Sorry, I have been away from computers and all things website due to a Christmas break.

I have tried to update the plugin since but I cannot.

Each time I try to download update (click download on your website) it redirects me to the BuddyDev Membership Options Page.

Not sure how I can check to see if things are better and working now sorry

Thanks and I hope you had a wonderful Christmas and festive season.

Regards,
    Kev

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

This topic is: not resolved