BuddyDev

Search

BuddyCircle w BuddyBoss theme update throws backend critical error!

• Participant
    Level: Initiated
    Troy Abel on #32960

I just updated my BuddyBoss theme and the error code indicates BuddyCircle is causing the problem. Any ideas? Pasted below is the error message.

Howdy! Since WordPress 5.2 there is a built-in feature that detects when a plugin or theme causes a fatal error on your site, and notifies you with this automated email. In this case, WordPress caught an error with one of your plugins, BuddyCircles :- BuddyPress User Circles. First, visit your website (https://myht.higherthings.org/) and check for any visible issues. Next, visit the page where the error was caught (https://myht.higherthings.org/wp-admin/index.php) and check for any visible issues. Please contact your host for assistance with investigating this issue further. If your site appears broken and you can’t access your dashboard normally, WordPress now has a special “recovery mode”. This lets you safely login to your dashboard and investigate further. https://myht.higherthings.org/wp-login.php?action=enter_recovery_mode&rm_token=ZZaCKm5HcGqUilXPhKwXV2&rm_key=Tu8DBpnDrLObXWZ3h9uLAm To keep your site safe, this link will expire in 1 day. Don’t worry about that, though: a new link will be emailed to you if the error occurs again after it expires. When seeking help with this issue, you may be asked for some of the following information: WordPress version 5.5.1 Current theme: BuddyBoss Theme Child (version 1.5.1.1592757285) Current plugin: BuddyCircles :- BuddyPress User Circles (version 1.0.9) PHP version 7.4.9 Error Details ============= An error of type E_ERROR was caused in line 268 of the file /home/membersh/domains/myht.higherthings.org/public_html/wp-content/plugins/buddycircles/src/handlers/class-hooks-helper.php. Error message: Uncaught Error: [] operator not supported for strings in /home/membersh/domains/myht.higherthings.org/public_html/wp-content/plugins/buddycircles/src/handlers/class-hooks-helper.php:268 Stack trace: #0 /home/membersh/domains/myht.higherthings.org/public_html/wp-includes/class-wp-hook.php(287): PressThemes\BuddyCircles\Handlers\Hooks_Helper->add_activity_adminbar_menu(”) #1 /home/membersh/domains/myht.higherthings.org/public_html/wp-includes/plugin.php(206): WP_Hook->apply_filters(”, Array) #2 /home/membersh/domains/myht.higherthings.org/public_html/wp-content/plugins/buddyboss-platform/bp-core/classes/class-bp-component.php(560): apply_filters(‘bp_activity_adm…’, Array) #3 /home/membersh/domains/myht.higherthings.org/public_html/wp-content/plugins/buddyboss-platform/bp-activity/classes/class-bp-activity-component.php(495): BP_Component->setup_admin_bar(Array) #4 /home/membersh/domains/myht.higherthings.org/public_html/wp-includes/class-wp-hook.php(287): BP_Activity_Component->setup_admin_bar(Array) #5 /ho

• Keymaster
    (BuddyDev Team)
    Brajesh Singh on #32962

Hi Troy,
    I am sorry for the inconvenience. The origin of error was some other plugin returning string or not returning array.
    It is expected to have array.

I have put a check for now to make sure we do not try to add items if an array is not given to us.

Please upgrade to 1.1.0 and let me know if that works for you or not?

Regards
    Brajesh

• Participant
    Level: Initiated
    Scott Rothstein on #35600

Its not so much the link thats the issue its the plugin causing the site to get 524 error.

• Keymaster
    (BuddyDev Team)
    Brajesh Singh on #35612

Hi Scott,
    As discussed over the email, this is 0-RTT issue and seems unrelated to BuddyCircle. Posting here for reference.

Regards
    Brajesh

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

This topic is: not resolved