BuddyDev

Search

Buddycommerce

• Participant
    Level: Master
    NikB on #27700

Hi there

I’ve just come across this great plug-in which is (almost) exactly what I needed but have run into a few difficulties that I wonder if you could possibly comment on as follows –

1. I’m using WP Job Manager – WooCommerce Paid Listings which adds a My Packages table to the Dashboard tab of the Woocommerce My Account page. Would there be any way of adding this to the Buddypress profile page in the same way as the other Woocommerce tabs (eg. Orders etc.)? Note: I’m guessing this is a similar request as for adding Subscriptions etc. I appreciate it may require some custom coding so don’t expect a full solution but if you could possibly point me in the right direction, that would be very much appreciated.

2. With the plug-in activated, all the links on the Woocommerce My Account page seem to be diverting to My Profile even though I have deactivated the redirect to BuddyPress profile page options. (Note: this isn’t a major issue as long as I can move everything into the Buddypress profile then I will deactivate the My Account page anyway, but just thought I would mention.)

3. Is it possible to set the Shop tab as a subnav on the BuddyPress profile page? There doesn’t seem to be an option to set a Parent tab for it, although you can set a “default subnav slug” so not sure what this refers to?

With many thanks in advance.

• Keymaster
    (BuddyDev Team)
    Brajesh Singh on #27709

Hi Nik,
    Thank you for using the plugin.

1. I am not sure I will be able to help you with this currently. It will need time and I lack free time currently.

We are adding each item as a top level/sub nav using BuddyPress nav functions bp_core_new_nav_item() or

bp_core_new_subnav_item() depending on admin preference.

2. Seems like a bug. I will check and update you on Monday.

3. No. BuddyPress supports only 2 level menu. So, you can move all shop sub nav items under profile(by setting parent slug to “profile”) but not the shop itself(if you are planning to have profile->shop->shop links).

You can certainly do it like profile->shop links(all shop sub tabs like orders, addresses etc ).

The default sub nav slug is used to setup which of the sub nav item will be default when you click on the shop tab.

Regards
    Brajesh

• Participant
    Level: Master
    NikB on #27711

Hi Brajesh

Thank you so much for getting back to me so promptly.

1. I understand completely. I was initially thinking it was something BuddyCommerce should be able to handle but I realise that’s not the case. I’ve added my own BP nav tabs before, I’ll look into doing similar gain.

2. Thank you and no rush on my account. As mentioned, I very much doubt most people would want both activated at the same time anyway. It was only while I was testing how the two compared πŸ˜‰

3. That makes sense and yes, it had occurred to me that would create a 3 level menu which doesn’t exist elsewhere…

As for the default sub nav slug well duh! I really should have realised that was its purpose!

Thank you again and regards
    Nik

• Participant
    Level: Initiated
    Robin Wyatt on #43968

Hi,

Could I clarify whether your answer to #3 above implies that it is not possible to have a ‘Shop’ tab (or ‘Services’ tab, in my case) on every BuddyBoss member / user’s profile page?

I have three types of user, one of which is called ‘Service Providers’. I want this user type to be able to add details of the services they offer as ‘Virtual products’ (so no cart or order process required). Is this possible using the BuddyCommerce plugin, or have I downloaded the wrong plugin?

So far, I have only been able to make a ‘Services’ tab appear on my Admin profile. I cannot find a way to assign the products I’ve created in Woocommerce to individual ‘service provider’ users.

Thanks!

• Keymaster
    (BuddyDev Team)
    Brajesh Singh on #43969

Hi Robin,
    No. That’s not the case. It was like having a 3 level menu. Normally, BuddyPress/BuddyBoss support 2 level menu(top tabs and sub tabs) and shop can be used as top level menu only. The individual tabs(orders, addresses etc ) could be top level or secondary tabs,

BuddyCommerece is not suitable for your use case. This plugin moves WooCommerece Account pages to BuddyPress profile. WooCommerece does not offer allowing users to create product from front end. You may try Multi Vendors plugin for this purpose.

Regards
    Brajesh

• Participant
    Robin Wyatt on #43974

Many thanks for your quick response, Brajesh. Are you referring to this plugin? https://www.buddyboss.com/integrations/wc-vendors-pro/ I could not find one called Multi Vendors.

• Keymaster
    (BuddyDev Team)
    Brajesh Singh on #43976

Hi Robin,
    I was referring to this one

https://wordpress.org/plugins/dc-woocommerce-multi-vendor/

There are many available(some of them are compatible with BuddyPress)
    https://wordpress.org/plugins/search/multivendor/

Even the one you have linked should work well.

Regards
    Brajesh

• Participant
    Robin Wyatt on #43979

Many thanks, this is really kind of you! I will try the one you suggested tomorrow. It’s free, whereas the one I found is $199. Hopefully the free one will suffice for my needs! 🤞🏼

• Keymaster
    (BuddyDev Team)
    Brajesh Singh on #44055

You are welcome πŸ™‚

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

This topic is: not resolved