BuddyDev

Search

BuddyDev plugins not updating with BuddyDev Dashboard

• Participant
    Level: Enlightened
    Eric LUCAS on #33123

Hello, I installed recently your dashboard, and it could update correctly my numerous BuddyDev plugins, except 4 :
    BuddyPress Member Types Pro
    BuddyPress Message Privacy(BuddyDev)
    BuddyPress User Badges
    BuddyPress User Profile Tabs Creator Pro

It asks to verify the key, but I doubled-checked already.

This situation lasts since several days.

I have 23 BuddyDev plugins installed (17 active).
    Moderation Tools is activated and could be updated automatically (apparently).

Thanks!

• Keymaster
    (BuddyDev Team)
    Brajesh Singh on #33135

Hi Eric,

Thank you for the topic.

I looked at your account and I can see the issue.

currently, you have valid license(for receiving updates) for only 2 plugins:-
    – BuddyPress Moderation tools
    – BuddyPress Friendship Restrictions

Access for all other premium plugins have expired. you are most probably using some of our free plugins which will receive update irrespective of the license status.

Regards
    Brajesh

• Participant
    Eric LUCAS on #33144

Hello and thanks…

So I assume that I have to pay each year for each plugin everytime it will become too old to work…

I did not expect that… Time goes very fast, and in one year, I did not yet really manage to setup a site with users. A few ones came, a few times.

It would be impossible for me to pay each year all those premium plugins…
    I went to your site, trying to find a link to extend the licenses, maybe at a reduced price (like some others do), but I did not find.

• Participant
    Eric LUCAS on #33145

I guess that I will have to renew only 3 paid plugins (Members Types Pro, Badges, Groups Tabs) because my site would not work without, and forget the other plugins.

It’s a bit complicated if one has to “buy” (instead of simply renewing), each year, manually, for each plugin…

And it’s difficult to know when to buy. Maybe when a plugin will start to fail (which is uneasy to know, because if the site goes wrong, I will have to deactivate the plugins one by one (there are more than 80) in the hope to find the culprit. But maybe I will start with the BuddyDev plugins then.

The annual membership is really too much expensive for benevolent people who don’t earn a cent from their sites…

Thanks anyway…

• Keymaster
    (BuddyDev Team)
    Brajesh Singh on #33157

Hi Eric,
    I am sorry about that. On all our plugins, we have it specified clearly that updates for an year is included(just below the pricing button).

I completely agree that you should receive a notification when the license expires. I am putting it as a priority now.

We appreciate all our members who have supported us continuously. Please get in touch via our contact form and let us see if we can do something about a suitable cost. Please do let us know what yearly membership will be affordable for you via the contact form. we will manage something.

Thank you
    Brajesh

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

This topic is: not resolved