Hoping you could advise, please.
– My site was using the BuddyDev Sitewide Activity Widget, all good, no problems.
– Recently the site started to experience lots of random /intermittent slow page-loading, plus “Error connecting to database” warning messages.
– Hosting company (shared) recommended removing sidebar widgets as they were generating slow database queries.
– Removed Sitewide Activity Widget, pages now load quicker, no database error messages.
– But your widget was important functionality on my site, sadly I can’t use it now.
Could you please advise me what the issue might be, and how I could correct it? I can give you full backend access if required. I would be very grateful for any help.
Thank you for using the plugin.
In sidewide activity widget, we are calling the default BuddyPress activity loop. It is similar to loading the first page of your sitewide activity on every page.
The solution will be to cache the widget content(using some trigger to clear stale content later) or using ajax to load the content but the plugin does not support it.
You will need to implement a custom solution where the content is loaded via ajax after the page loads. That would partially resolve it.
You must be logged in to reply to this topic.