BuddyDev

Search

BuddyPress Activity Comment Notifier NOT WORKING PROPERLY

• Participant
    Level: Initiated
    lucaram on #3840

Hi there,

I am using latest version of Buddypress (2.5.2)

I’ve just noticed that this plugin is not working like it is supposed to do:

– Main defect: if somebody replies to your comment you will receive a notification (good!) but after clicking on the notification message it redirects you to your own post rather than the actual reply (not so good). This make the plugin pretty much useless I am afraid 🙁

– Potential Enhancement: stating “User has replied to your comment” in the notification message is a bit too generic, it’d be great if it was more specific (i.e.: stating the beginning of the post itself truncated after few words plus ‘…’)

Keep up the good work, buddy dev is a great resource site!

• Keymaster
    (BuddyDev Team)
    Brajesh Singh on #3847

Hi,
    Welcome to BuddyDev forums.

Thank you for reporting the issue. I am looking at it and will get back to you in next couple of hours.

About the 2nd issue, At the moment, BuddyPress does not allow us to store any content with the notification. If we ant to display the content, It is doable but will need extra queries(which I am not sure if it is worth it).

Thank you
    Brajesh

• Participant
    lucaram on #3857

Thank you Brajesh.

I understand for the second issue, please let us know when you are done with issue number one: as it stands right now that makes the plugin pretty much useless I am afraid.

Thank you very much for your time spent into this, keep up the good work!

Cheers,
    Luca

• Keymaster
    (BuddyDev Team)
    Brajesh Singh on #3860

Hi Luca,
    Thank you for the comment.
    I have pushed the new update on wp.org and you should be able o upgrade to 1.1.4 now.

Please do note that it will link to the comments for new comments after the upgrade and not for the old comment.

Please do let me know if it works for you or not?

Thank you
    Brajesh

• Participant
    lucaram on #3882

Thank you very much for the quick response Keymaster Yogi.
    Unfortunately we still have the same issue on version 1.1.4 downloaded here: https://en-gb.wordpress.org/plugins/bp-activity-comment-notifier/

I click on the notification stating “somebody has commented on your post” but it still shows your own post rather than the reply. Please let me know if you need screenshots but the issue is easy to replicate.

Kind regards,
    Luca

• Keymaster
    (BuddyDev Team)
    Brajesh Singh on #3899

Hi Luca,
    can you please click on the link(in the notifier) and post me the url of page.

Most probably it is a theme issue now since I am using #acomment-commentid as anchor point for comment(default in BuddyPress).

• Participant
    lucaram on #3953

Hi Keymaster Yogi,

Apologies for the late reply but I couldn’t access the internet lately.

I don’t quite understand your request, could you please specify?
    (Perhaps you mean I should click on the notification message and send you the url of page after I click on it?)

My theme is Boss from buddyboss (a well known theme within buddypress community).

Hope it may help.

• Keymaster
    (BuddyDev Team)
    Brajesh Singh on #3957

Hi Luca,
    Thank you for the details. I mean the url. It is definitely a theme issue if you are on the update. I will need to check the theme.

• Participant
    lucaram on #3961

Hi Keymaster Yogi,

Here are the details you need:

-My website: youslick.com
    -My comment: “Hello World part 2”
    -My friend reply to that comment “Ciao”
    -I receive a live notification: see screenshot: http://postimg.org/image/ndkoji69t/
    -After clicking, it redirects me to my own comment, see screenshot: http://postimg.org/image/ga2adtjr5/
    (url for redirection is: http://youslick.com/members/admin/activity/209/#acomment-210)

The theme allows me to receive notifications for mentions and likes, I don’t think it may be a conflict with the theme?

• Keymaster
    (BuddyDev Team)
    Brajesh Singh on #3966

Thank you for the links. The links are correct. Please contact the theme author and let them know the issue. They should be able to fix it.

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

This topic is: not resolved