BuddyDev

Search

BuddyPress Activity Comment Notifier

• Participant
    Level: Master
    NikB on #15003

Many thanks @Brajesh. I’ll have another look at the gallery side of things when I have a moment.

As for the commenting, I think I need to re-assess exactly which comments we need or don’t. I’ve seen the issue of commenting in the lightbox and/or activity stream and/or on the media itself has been raised before and whilst I can see the logic in why it works the way it does, I also need to assess exactly what feels logical for the users in this case! Your code will definitely point me in the right direction though so many thanks for that.

Do hope work is going well on the notifications/emails… I don’t think any of my users have noticed they’re not currently receiving them for lightbox comments, but no doubt, some of them will eventually. I’ll look forward to hearing from you on that one in due course 😉

Warm regards
    Nikki

• Keymaster
    (BuddyDev Team)
    Brajesh Singh on #15044

Hi Nik,
    I am sorry, I just wanted to update you that the MediaPress release will be delayed by 2 -3 days and expect it on late Sunday.

Thank you
    Brajesh

• Participant
    NikB on #15061

Hi Brajesh

Thank you so much for keeping me updated and that’s absolutely fine of course.

Will look forward to seeing it due course.

Warm regards
    Nikki

• Keymaster
    (BuddyDev Team)
    Brajesh Singh on #15161

Hi Nikki,
    I am sorry, I could not include the notifications in 1.3.7(released today). The notification will need a few more days.

Regards
    Brajesh

• Participant
    NikB on #15169

Hi Brajesh

Thank you for letting me know. I can well imagine the new release of Buddypress has added to your workload and will look forward to hearing from you in due course.

Warm regards
    Nikki

• Keymaster
    (BuddyDev Team)
    Brajesh Singh on #15198

Thank you Nikki,
    I will keep you informed and let you know when I push the next update. It should not be too delayed.

Regards
    Brajesh

• Participant
    NikB on #15660

Hi Brajesh

Just wondering if there’s any news on those notifications yet? 😉

Warm regards
    Nikki

• Keymaster
    (BuddyDev Team)
    Brajesh Singh on #15664

Hi Nikki,
    Thank you for reminding. I will have it this week. We are also going to have remote media this week. I will keep you informed.

Regards
    Brajesh

• Participant
    NikB on #15677

Thank you again @Brajesh and will look forward to hearing from you.

Warm regards
    Nikki

• Keymaster
    (BuddyDev Team)
    Brajesh Singh on #15857

Hi Nikki,
    Hope you are doing well.

After upgrading to 1.4.0 you can put following line in bp-custom.php

add_filter( 'mpp_send_bp_notifications', '__return_true' );

It will notify the user when someone comments on their photo. It won’t notify for the replies on comments though.

Please note that I will be moving away from current commenting feature in 1.5-1.6 as it seems too much confusion. Also, the filter was named incorrectly, next time, I will rename it to ‘mpp_send_bp_notifications_on_comment’.

Thank you
    Brajesh

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

This topic is: not resolved